domain name

• Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

has anybody ever used http://www.godaddy.com domain names. I just purchased one, but im having trouble getting it to work. it wont send it to my site. i have the name servers and everything. if anybody could help it would be great.

thx
poly
  • Moses08
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Moses08

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have used GoDaddy. It's a great service in my opinion.

Anyways, you need to wait around 72 hours for your domain name to point to your nameservers. Check it in about 3 days and it should work.
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

arite, its been about 48 hours, the site says 24. How long did yours take?

thx
poly
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The average time is between 24-72 hours. What's the domain name? I'll check it from where I am

//I used godaddy before. I usually can access within 24 hours, but a friend of mine usually takes 2 or 3 days. Pretty much normal.
  • Moses08
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Moses08

Post 3+ Months Ago

Mine took about 72 hours. It really depends on where you are in the world. Be patient and if nothing happen in 72 hours, post again.
  • harryhood
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • harryhood

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just a note of possible interest.

The old 48-72 hour rule no longer applies to .com/net domains thanks to the verisign rapid update.

http://www.verisign.com/products-servic ... 05514.html

I've noticed newley registered domains and changes to registered domains resolving within less than 5 minutes for these TLD's
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

the domain is http://www.thesoccermall.net and its been over 72 hours now and it still dosent work.

poly
  • harryhood
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • harryhood

Post 3+ Months Ago

Whois shows the following name servers.

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.SHYPER.COM
NS2.SHYPER.COM

Are these correct.

dnsreport dot com show serious problems with that sites dns set-up.

http://dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch ... ermall.net

I do not think the problem lies with Godaddy at all but the dns zone where your domain is supposed to be hosted.

The nameservers registered to your domain are not answering requests for that domain. I would contact your web host and see what is happening there.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

At Poly's request I corrected a small problem with the domain forwarding on that this morning at godaddy. It should redirect to thesoccermall.shyper.com within the normal propogation time, probably within the next day or so.
  • L-Man
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Poland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
Are you sure that your site is hosted on the servers that it is pointing at? Here is what I found out about it.
DNS server ns1.shyper.com[67.15.53.105] is alive, but not authoritative for domain 'thesoccermall.net' and didn't return SOA
DNS server ns2.shyper.com[67.15.53.106] is alive, but not authoritative for domain 'thesoccermall.net' and didn't return SOA
0 server(s) are alive
No DNS servers alive, tests stopped.
The servers are OK but they don't seem to know your site. This has nothing to do with the registrer of your site. Please get in touch with your host.
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok i sent my host an email and ill see what is going on. i looked at that report and sent a copy to my host. if they dont get if fixed, ill just move my stuff to a new host.

poly
  • Moses08
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Moses08

Post 3+ Months Ago

poly wrote:
ok i sent my host an email and ill see what is going on. i looked at that report and sent a copy to my host. if they dont get if fixed, ill just move my stuff to a new host.

poly

Alright, good to know. Good luck with your host!
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

thx man

poly
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the problem is a little more serious than that. It's their domain and/or nameservers that are screwed up:

ERROR: ns1.shyper.com. has a CNAME entry (shyper.com.); it is not valid to have a CNAME entry and NS entries for ns1.shyper.com.. See RFC1912 2.4 and RFC2181 10.3 for more information.
ERROR: ns2.shyper.com. has a CNAME entry (shyper.com.); it is not valid to have a CNAME entry and NS entries for ns2.shyper.com.. See RFC1912 2.4 and RFC2181 10.3 for more information.

If you ping ns1.shyper.com and ns2.shyper.com the response comes from shyper.com and what's worse the same IP 67.15.53.107.

I don't think they know what they're doing sweetie ...

poly wrote:

poly
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK -- I think I figured this out. I was a little swamped this morning and when I tried to help Poly out wasn't thinking through things, but after reading the additional information I think I know what happened. What poly asked me to do was check the name servers at godaddy and make sure the forwarding was set correctly. The name servers Poly gave my were the ns.shyper one's and the forwarding should have been set up to forward thesoccermall.net to thesoccermall.shyper.com (that was slightly incorrect so I fixed that). However after reading the most recent posts I realized what's happening. In order for godaddy to forward, the name server records need to be their DNS servers so that http://www.thesoccermall.net resolves to godaddy's name servers in which case they would then be able to forward appropriately. As it stands right now, the name servers at godaddy are set to resolve to shyper, in which case that explains why there is no resolution since, as noted, there are no cname records at shyper to resolve it.

I guess we need to decide if we want godaddy to forward it or to set up a cname for it and use shyper's name servers. You following me on that Poly?
  • Moses08
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Moses08

Post 3+ Months Ago

:shock:
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, lets go ahead and set it up to use shypers nameservers. PM me if you need my login stuff for shyper.com

thx
poly
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok i got it working check it out http://www.thesoccermall.net

thx for all your help
poly
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry, that link is still serving not found.

poly wrote:
ok i got it working check it out http://www.thesoccermall.net

thx for all your help
poly
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't get it either, but propogation may not be complete yet.
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

it was working and now it isnt. :( im working on it right now

poly
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok. i figured it out, it was working, but shypers nameservers are down right now. Ill soon be upgrading to paid hosting and then i wont have to deal with so much down time.

:)

poly
  • Moses08
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Moses08

Post 3+ Months Ago

poly wrote:
ok. i figured it out, it was working, but shypers nameservers are down right now. Ill soon be upgrading to paid hosting and then i wont have to deal with so much down time.

:)

poly

Sounds like a good way to save a lot of headaches. :P
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah

poly
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok time for the stupid post of the day, who here uses a host that has very very good uptime, and id like to keep the price under $10. Thx

poly
  • top5hosting.com
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • top5hosting.com
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The previous post is indeed correct. If you use the forwarding service of your domain registrar, you have to use their name servers. If you use the name servers of your host, the forwarding will have to be configured on your host`s server.
  • Sh!FT
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: hiuhugjorj

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thx Man
i L!ve In Your Brain

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 27 posts