Domain registrars cheaper than $7.99?

• targetlocked
  • targetlocked

Post 3+ Months Ago

I only know of namecheap.com and godaddy.com which offer pretty good prices for .com/net/org domains, etc.

Any suggestions? dot.tk puts ads on your pages but its free. I need to find cheaper places to get domains around $5 or less... help me! btw, i use coolinternetworld.com ($0.91/month for 300 megs) and they also use godaddy for the domains.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

$7.99 is still pretty good when you consider NetSol's still charging about 35 bucks/yr.

Even if I did find somewhere cheaper than GoDaddy, I'd still stick with GoDaddy. I've got about a dozen domain names with them of my own, and I've sent about 20 clients over to them to register their domains... In the last 5 years, I've never had a problem with GoDaddy. Normally with domain names, you get what you pay for. GoDaddy is the exception :)
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.godaddy.com is primo ;)
  • whatlikesit12345
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

dot tk does not put ads on your site. the orginal settings are to put ads on the site but you can turn them off
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

.tk is free, but it's a redirect service. It's not owning a name
nor is it really having a domain. If you're that cheap and can't
afford $8 in a year, you have issues. Simply don't go to
McDonald's 1 time and there you go.

Might as well use .cjb.com :roll:
  • targetlocked
  • targetlocked

Post 3+ Months Ago

no ads on ...tk? r u serious thats awesome!!! I have many friends who want a website but need an address so i say go to http://www.cjb.net or dot.tk for redirection.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, like Unflux says, you don't get to OWN the domain name. Basically, if you get a popular site, getting a lot of hits a day, they'll find some TOS statement you've violated, boot you off, then redirect your traffic to one of their sites.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

unbelievable that $8 is a lot of money :roll:
  • Cold Canuck
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Michigan, U.S. of eh

Post 3+ Months Ago

UNFLUX wrote:
unbelievable that $8 is a lot of money :roll:

Just 7 years ago, I went from 165 lbs down to 143 lbs because of lack of funds....$8 CAN be a lot at times, especially when you are broke.
It was one of the most frustrating, embarrasing and trying times of my life, bar none.
It was a place I don't EVER want to be again.
Granted, someone who is that broke isn't likely to be in the market for a domain name, but it's not to impossible to believe someone might be ther.

C.C.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, getting a domain name is just like anything else...

Either it's a luxury, or a business prospect - a domain name isn't an essential like food, clothes, etc.

Just like in the real world, if you can't afford afford the luxury, then don't get it.

If you can't afford to start up the business, don't start it up or get a good plan together and get a loan. :)
  • Tom the Great
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: B.C., Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://order.1and1.com/xml/order/Domain ... frame=_top

1and1 is pretty cheap (about $6 a year) but I haven't bought a domain name from them yeat (I don't have a credit card) but I am hosted on them and I have had no problems.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Which they probably retain ownership of like so many of the other too-cheap-to-be-true domain/hosting combos.
  • Samuel
  • Born
  • Born
  • Samuel

Post 3+ Months Ago

You need to compare all features and then decide which one is the cheapest.
http://www.ev1servers.net/english/index.asp $6.49 + tax (why not to charge for shipping and handling :D )
http://www.mapname.com/ $7.95
http://www.web.com/ $6.95
The intersting thing is that ev1servers buys domains from Tucows for $10. Of course, they expect us to buy hosting from them
  • unicodomain
  • Born
  • Born
  • unicodomain
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

UnicoDomain.com is 100% cheaper than go daddy which offer pretty good prices for .com/net/org domains, etc.

If you buy any product or hosting that cost $3.99 your domain name cost $1.99 :roll:
http://www.unicodomain.com

and is a :idea: bilingual site.

They have american people who speaks english properly.

No like other sites like :arrow: Dell.com that have those customer service people that no speak english and you can no even understand.

When they ask you for your account it takes like 5 minutes to understand and then if they don't understand you, they put you on hold for 30 minutes or they hang up the call.

Also they have spanish support here: info@unicodomain.com :?:
Puedes registrar tu pagina y si necesitas asistencia en espanol, envia un mensaje aqui al host unicodomain. Aqui, info@unicodomain.com :?:

Just telling the Truth!.....................
  • oppiweb
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are few things one should consider when getting a domain name...not just price. Getting your hosting and good hosting with it, full DNS (Domain Name Server) control and forwarding, emails and more.

I have registered domains with easy space couple of years ago and when I wanted to tranfer it, they refused to let go of it without me having to pay an arm and a leg for it. So be alert when registering a domain name! It might be worth a lot of money sooner than what you expected and if you have it registered through the wrong registrar.....?

Click HERE for some more on what you should know when registering a domain name as I can't paste the page in here.
  • HQHost.net
  • Born
  • Born
  • HQHost.net

Post 3+ Months Ago

I suggest you take a look at directi.com resellers. I'm sure that they are providing low prices.
  • boilingpoint
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree about directi.com, just bought a .com domain from them a few days ago for 7,5$.
  • charlesgan
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

targetlocked wrote:
I only know of namecheap.com and godaddy.com which offer pretty good prices for .com/net/org domains, etc.

Any suggestions? dot.tk puts ads on your pages but its free. I need to find cheaper places to get domains around $5 or less... help me! btw, i use coolinternetworld.com ($0.91/month for 300 megs) and they also use godaddy for the domains.

hi. weeks ago i have same thinking that godaddy offering the lower price.
where signup time i get 1.99 per domain. but after that adding domain is 8+. with coupon i can get 6.95 only.

however for the best deal in market, there is many hosting that provide free domain for life etc. and even unlimited $1 domains buying from LYPHA hosting
  • imillye
  • imillye

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.plusregister.com provide a cheap price,

info $2.49
.org $3.99

I want to recommend you that do not register a .tk domain name.it has a bad reputation
  • Evenhost
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

your going to be hard pressed to find a quality registrar that is going to be cheaper than godaddy
  • bizman
  • bizman

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yahoo Small business is charging usd 1.99 the first year for .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info and .us - go to http://www.yahoo.com , log in to your account click on small business and you will find their offer. Yahoo provides a nice domain cp that gives you full control.
  • charlesgan
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

targetlocked wrote:

definately godaddy or namecheap is not the cheapest.
Once lypha.com is offering $1 domain, not sure this offer still ON or not.
startlogic domain is $6.50 ... godaddy is selling at $8+ (except the .info)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 22 posts