Domain Registration - Reseller

• kanexpo
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Geneva, Bangkok

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I've finally decided to enter the market as a small reseller. I was wondering if someone would like to purchase a domain name from me, how could i process that?

How can i register the domain name "for him" and the billing goes "to him".

Thanks for all of your help guys :)

kanexpo
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• thecodman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: CT, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You could purchase the domain name for him and then bill him for it (with a small mark-up if desired). You should however list him as the primary contact for the site and you as the technical contact. If you want to resell domain names I would encourage you to check into getting an enom reseller account.
  • CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting
  • Loc: Wishing I was in Kicking Horse

Post 3+ Months Ago

Im not certain which control panel you have chosen to start with your reseller business, and what configuration your provider offers.

However, it is possible to have full registrar services integrated into your control panel, where users can purchase domains, from within their control panel. The domain will be registered in their name, and they will have full registrar access to modify the domain. Additionally, they will be billed and invoiced automatically by your system.

H-Sphere inherently has this capability, and I believe other control panels do as well with various module add-ons.

Hope this helps...
  • kanexpo
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi thanks for the answeres,

does anyone know how to add the search domain thing to my webpage? like... search abv.com

it will then show this domain is not available or purchase this domain now.

anyone?
  • CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting
  • Loc: Wishing I was in Kicking Horse

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sure,

All the information you could possibly need can be found here:

http://www.enom.com/resellers/
  • placid psychosis
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Warsaw, IN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, I highly recommend eNom. Never had an issue with them, and the API is very slick. Plus the low-cost required to start selling is a huge plus.
  • rDolay
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • rDolay

Post 3+ Months Ago

kanexpo wrote:
Hi,

I've finally decided to enter the market as a small reseller. I was wondering if someone would like to purchase a domain name from me, how could i process that?

How can i register the domain name "for him" and the billing goes "to him".

Thanks for all of your help guys :)

kanexpo

Do not register domains in the name of your customer if you are going to run the relationship with your customers only by a web service because it is too risky to register a domain name for someone that you do not know.
There are too many dramatic tales regarding this matter at past.
Build gateway , in these days it is called as Reseller API for domain registration which will be work from your web-site that your visitors can register domain names in real-time by their self..
  • jasontd
  • jasontd
  • Loc: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

CartikaHosting wrote:
Sure,

All the information you could possibly need can be found here:

http://www.enom.com/resellers/

I agree, you should also search the forums for a enom reseller provider. Some will allow you to signup with no deposit. If you go direct through enom I beleive you have to deposit $500.
  • kanexpo
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

i believe with enom the smallest package available requires at least 199$ deposit.

since i just want a small company i dont need so many domains. But, if I purchase that package will they give me the code to add to myy website which will then allow people to search domain availability?

regards,

kaenxpo
  • jasontd
  • jasontd
  • Loc: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

We do not require a deposit and your buy rate is $8.95 and yes there is the enom Rocket Registry which is a simple page for domain reg and lookup. Sorry I know I am not suppose to promote but I would hate to see you pay $199 for no reason. You could also look into WildWest you can get their system for $89 normaly it is $99 but if you PM me I can give you more info on that as well and the buy rates are around $4.* - $6.* depending on the TLD. WWD is better than Enom but if your looking for the cheapest enom is the wat to go. If you want the most functionality and buy rates WWD is best.

Hope this helps!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts