1 domain with 2 hosting, is it possible?

• krisna
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: bali

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please help me about this situation. I have a domain call abc.com and hosting at uvw.com with name server ns1.uvw.com and ns2.uvw.com. Because I already pay for the domain and hosting for 1 year and my site down 3-4 times in 1 month, I host to xyz.com with name server ns1.xyz.com and ns2.xyz.com.
I want the xyz hosting is my backup website if uvw hosting is down. And I just add the name server. The configuration for the name server like this:
ns2.uvw.com
ns1.uvw.com
ns2.xyz.com
ns1.xyz.com

When I ping my website, it's always go to the IP address of xyz hosting. Before I hosted xyz, the IP always go to uvw hosting. How to make the IP is go to uvw hosting? and the difficult is sometime when I upload my website, it can be go to uvw and sometimes go to xyz. I want just go to uvw if I want to upload my web.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

You need a DNS manager that will only send traffic to the second/backup server if the first are unreachable. They way you have it setup now is know as round robin DNS but as you can see you have no control over where the trafic actually goes. At the moment I can not remember the name of any sites that offer this service but there are several.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts