Dynamic IP applciation in hosting

• anilk
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • anilk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi ,,

is any one aware of the dynamic IP , it seems that with this u dont need to make a DNS entry .
the dynamic IP of the ISP automatically gets refleted in the DYnip software .

suppose i have a client and server environment , both are having dynamic Ips and i have got a webserver running can any1 tell me where shd i install the dynip software

regards
Anilk
  • Jaw
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Minneapolis, MN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try no-ip.com... I think what you want to do is place the dynamic ip host software on you computer inside your network. Then your WAN ip will be sent back to no-ip.com Your Domain will then point to your dynamic ip... If you port forward correctly on you router you will be able to pass any information you want into the computers on your network.

That's pretty brief but start to play with it and you will understand.
  • anilk
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • anilk

Post 3+ Months Ago

HI ,

Thanks a lot for your responce .
Its been quite a while since any1 has actually answered this querry :)

Yes actually i want to set up a Mail Server .for that i require the following

1. Domain name , that i will register it
2. 1 Public IP . Since i dont own any router , and i have a Internet connection from my ISP . I am wondering from where will i get that VAlid IP .
Once this is done , i can proceeed with the setting up of my mail server .

can u please put some light on this .

---------------------------------------------------------------------
The idea of Dyn Ip was since i dont have a Public IP i will make use of the ISP's IP . But this actually does'nt work :(

Please put some light on it

Regards
Anilk
  • Jaw
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Minneapolis, MN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well.. I would still test it out with no-ip.com before you go purchasing a domain name. You will actually be given a domain name by no-ip.com Then you will have to download a small piece of software that will let your domain name know when your ip changes. No router should be needed. as your IP address assigned by you isp will already be your WAN IP(internet address). Anything you setup on you computer for hosting should work as long as it is directed toward --- YOURNAME.no-ip.com Again.... Your ISP can't be blocking any of the required port numbers or the service you are trying to provide will fail. POP 110 WEBPAGES 80 FTP.... and so on.

Hope that sheds the light.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts