EDIT: Host for .wmv and .wma files with a one-time fee

• Keiyoru
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Tokyo, Japan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know I've posted about this before but... now I'm almost sure I've tried EVERYTHING.
I need a free online storage host thingie where I can keep my media files, music and videos, completely copyrighted and not even in .mpg or .mp3 formats. The problem is... it has to be free.

What I'm after exactly... hope it's not too much...

+ I pray for remote linking...
+ No domain required for registration since I don't have one
+ At least, AT LEAST 100-200Mb storage.
+ Totally no specific PHP/Perl, etc. requirements. A single browser upload field is more than enough.
+ I don't insist on a super secured server or anything.
+ No need for some e-mail accounts, POP3 peculiarities and such.
+ No upload filesize limit.
+ No problem even if it FLOODS with advertisements as long as they're not pop-ups.
+ Bandwidth at least a gig. But I actually don't have some preferences on this really.
+ Very hopefully, no "post in forum" deals.

In short.. a big bucket to throw .wma and .wmv files in for people to dig from various linked places (a darn blog, in particular). Additional information... largest file needing to be hosted is a 45Mb .wma file, and totally NO adult content!

I know the replies now.. "Dream on". But just thought I'd ask? Generally, it's temporary until I can finally afford a domain but since I'm not sure how soon that'll happen...

Anyone know something I hopefully haven't heard of yet? If it's something the mentioning of which is against TOS or rules or something, just PM me. I need it really badly, I have a deadline until May 5th when i have to publish a couple of songs and a video and I'm literally panicking for not being able to find a host/file storage like that for.. over an year?
  • rDolay
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • rDolay

Post 3+ Months Ago

100-200MB storage you need so what is the problem with $3-5/Mo. ?
Does it worth to waste your time by searching and experiencing the faults of free host only for not paying $3-5/Mo. hosting due?
The thing you want have always a cost for whom provides it so you have to pay its cost by wasting your time, with unwanted banners, pop-ups.. or will only pay $3-5 instead all of them :wink:
  • Keiyoru
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't have a credit card, there's the problem. If I had, do you think I'd be so stingy to pay some buck a month for most of extras almost as if a domain? Sadly, I have no way to work out online payment.
  • rDolay
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • rDolay

Post 3+ Months Ago

Keiyoru wrote:
I don't have a credit card, there's the problem. If I had, do you think I'd be so stingy to pay some buck a month for most of extras almost as if a domain? Sadly, I have no way to work out online payment.

You can find hosts that accept westernunion payments which is the fund transfer way that you wont need any bank account nor cards.. just will filled a form from one for westerunion branch to send money
  • Keiyoru
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

God, it's tomorrow and I still haven't found anything. Neither western union ones, nor just anything...
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm sure we are not the only host who accepts Money order, cash, and/or Western Union as well as conventional payments. If you really want to pay $3-5.00/mo for reliable hosting you can. Where there is a will there is a way. You can even include the cost of domain registration and ask the host to register the domain for you in your name of course.

Keiyoru wrote:
  • peterstannard
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • peterstannard

Post 3+ Months Ago

Keiyoru wrote:
God, it's tomorrow and I still haven't found anything. Neither western union ones, nor just anything...

post a request on smfhost.com and i may be able to sort you out.
  • pedrotuga
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, don't know how did you worked it out. you didn't say anything about adds... is it ok with adds??? cause if so there's thousands of companies.
I recomend 100webspace.com
  • Keiyoru
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay. I know it's a bit too late... but let's say there's a bit of revival on the issue.

Thanks everyone, first of all.

And now to the point.
I finally got a credit card, so now I can actually buy one. And things change to this, together with the initial "requirements":

+ I pray for remote linking...
+ No domain required for registration since I don't have one
+ At least, AT LEAST 100-200Mb storage... but not necessary, really.
+ Totally no specific PHP/Perl, etc. requirements. A single browser upload field is more than enough.
+ I don't insist on a super secured server or anything.
+ No need for some e-mail accounts, POP3 peculiarities and such.
+ No upload filesize limit.
+ No problem even if it FLOODS with advertisements as long as they're not pop-ups.
+ Bandwidth at least a gig. But I actually don't have some preferences on this really.
+ Very hopefully, no "post in forum" deals.
+ One-time fee of around 5-10$ or something like that (credit card transfer, though, no PayPal).

I think now it's more possible to find something. So again, generally... someplace with a one-time fee of no more than 15$ to keep .wmv and .wma files, with remote linking and unlimited filesize upload. No other caprices.

Thanks in advance! Even if I obviously didn't manage to keep my deadlines and stuff and lost a lot, I can still keep the thing going as my hobby or something.
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you thought about the bandwidth you may be using?
  • Keiyoru
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not much, really, I suppose... I know what I think would be best is insane compared to the rest or generally as a requirement compared to everything else.. so really, bandwidth doesn't actually matter so much.

Any bandwidth is fine as long as it's not on a monthly billing plan.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts