few questions in regard to performing backups?

• rtyyy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • rtyyy

Post 3+ Months Ago

few questions in regard to performing backups?

1. does my web hosting ?(go daddy) will allow to make secure backup with my regular account? how safe it is when not secured?
2. i'm using "Genie Backup Manager Pro 7.0" (with that "FAM") for backup.
i'm backup to my go daddy FTP account.
i'm worry to lose data while using Increment backup.
if each new backup is for new or changed files only with Increment. what should i do with the old backup files?

if i will delete them i may delete data that doesn't have backup in the new Increment backups.

thank you, i really want some more peace of mind with these backups.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• rllunzmann
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • rllunzmann
  • Loc: Wisconsin

Post 3+ Months Ago

not sure about godaddy's setup but i know that most hosts will automatically backup the server/sites at the most convienant time, generally to tape or to another hard drive designated for this.

As for incremental, its backing up all information new or old (meaning, not just whats new).

Does this help some?

-Ryan
  • rtyyy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • rtyyy

Post 3+ Months Ago

sorry. i think you didn't understood me.
1. i meant to SSL or other secure ftp connection. how can i make it with my regular account.
2.as you see at the picture. each day that it making incremental bsckup there is new backup file.

so even if it's incremental it will be full backup as you said with all the backup files?
how it can be?
  • boilingpoint
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have to look into Godaddy's SLA to see what do they guarantee regarding backups.
In their Dedicated Servers service agreement they say
Quote:

FTP Backup

Go Daddy may offer additional features and add on services such as a FTP Backup option. You acknowledge and agree that purchasing such additional features and add on services may require additional down time to install and maintain. You further acknowledge and agree that in utilizing the FTP Backup option, You shall be subject to a maximum disk usage and bandwidth usage as identified by Go Daddy. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Go Daddy shall use commercially reasonable efforts to provide FTP Backup services on a twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week basis throughout the term of this Agreement. You acknowledge and agree that from time to time the FTP Backup services may be inaccessible or inoperable for any reason, including without limitation: (i) equipment malfunctions; (ii) periodic maintenance procedures or repairs that Go Daddy may undertake from time to time; or (iii) causes beyond the control of Go Daddy or that are not reasonably foreseeable by Go Daddy, including, without limitation, interruption or failure of telecommunication or digital transmission links, hostile network attacks, network congestion or other failures.

looks like it's their optional feature, but I don't really think you may feel secure even having this feature, make sure you make daily backups.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts