Football Results

• Zackeriney
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Zackeriney

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi i am looking for a kind of text message system where it sends out the latest football scores to your mobiles and you can edit the price cuz i want it to cost 10p or nothing i kow it cost money can anyone tell me where i can get one? thanks zack
  • Zackeriney
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Zackeriney

Post 3+ Months Ago

is this actually possible or do u need your own server?
  • Primordial
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Primordial

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

You don't need your own server. You need to use an SMS gateway provider, just search on Google for a provider that covers the countries you want to send an SMS too ...

They usually work by sending a http POST to their server with mobile number and message, they will return a "Success" or "Failure" message. Most companies don't charge more then 5p per messge.

HINT: You want a gateway provider that will 'reverse bill SMS' (ie: they charge the receiving mobile for the text message) then send you the difference between the cost (5p) and what you charge (10p)

Cheers, Primordial .. :shock: :D
  • Zackeriney
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Zackeriney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cheers i was wanting it to be just for me for i would mind pay though a credit/debit card etc i havnt search yet i dont have time but will tomorrow. cheers zack
  • Zackeriney
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Zackeriney

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi the only ones i can find are ones that let me send a message to people i dont wont one like that i want one that sends me the results when they go in automatically just i dont fancy paying 25p a text one game man u won 3-0 and i ended up paying 1.75
  • Primordial
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Primordial

Post 3+ Months Ago

Seems like a good laugh but I don't know of anybody providing this service. It would still require somebody to manually send the SMS out to the mobile. i don't now of any mechanism that enables you to receive football results in a format that would enable you to automatically send an SMS to yourself/anybody else.

Good luck.

Cheers ... :shock: :D
  • Zackeriney
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Zackeriney

Post 3+ Months Ago

cheers i was just wondering where the services like itv teletext get there from

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts