Form questions.

• tj3stanv
  • Born
  • Born
  • tj3stanv

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi i just started experimenting with forms. Can someone explain to me how forms work. Does your web-host need to support the use of forms or else, you wont able to use forms in ur website? Im trying to have an entry form like name, phone, and a bunch of other textfields, however i dont know how to make them work.

I tried using METHOD:POST action is MAILTO:(myemail) but everytime i click it, it opens my mail application. I do not want it to do this, rather, i want the informations they filled in the forms to be directed to my email withouth their mail application launching.

I also heard about database where the forms can be stored. I do not know about this if n e one could please fill me in.

We have $0 web hosting from doteasy and i am not sure what they support or not support, i took over for another webmaster so i have no idea.

thanks for listening :)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• tj3stanv
  • Born
  • Born
  • tj3stanv

Post 3+ Months Ago

and in addition i use Dreamweaver CS3
  • tj3stanv
  • Born
  • Born
  • tj3stanv

Post 3+ Months Ago

i was just informed that my current plan does not support databases, php and all that kind of stuff. does this mean it is not possible to use forms for my website?
  • rllunzmann
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • rllunzmann
  • Loc: Wisconsin

Post 3+ Months Ago

no, not true at all. You can use an HTML form if you want and have it email you the results or store the results in a sub-folder in your public_html.

Also, you could easily use a 3rd party form software, Theres formbuddy and wufu.
  • dannybedor
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • dannybedor

Post 3+ Months Ago

rllunzmann wrote:
no, not true at all. You can use an HTML form if you want and have it email you the results or store the results in a sub-folder in your public_html.

I wonder how you can do this without any scripting, database and thrd party available. Would you mind to explain or write the sample for it?

Regards,
Danny
  • rllunzmann
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • rllunzmann
  • Loc: Wisconsin

Post 3+ Months Ago

its html code, no host can deny you that. =]

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts