forum question

• Tonzilit
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wonder how forum may help the customer to fix his issues. Many web hosting companies have it but how are they effective in resolving problems?
What do you think of it?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• RedBMedia
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

It depends on many things, but I think it works best when there is a large community that uses the product that can offer help. This can be seen most successfully with most open source projects.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Tonzilit wrote:
I wonder how forum may help the customer to fix his issues. Many web hosting companies have it but how are they effective in resolving problems?
What do you think of it?

I see irony in this. Don't you? You are asking "How does having a forum help?" (I put it in other words) and yet you are using a forum to ask that...

Forums are good for solving issues. A person could have had an experience with a program and found a solution to the problem. Another person had the same problem with the same program. That person went to a forum and posted his problem. The person who previously had the problem replied and gave him his solution. Problem fixed.

Or generally get answers like you are right now. Think of a forum as an extra support in case you either don't understand to your costumers in e-mails or don't know how to solve a problem or just need an assisting support group that you can't afford ;)
  • ibragimm
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey, I haven't see any irony in Tonzilit's words.
I have seen community forums on the web sites of many web hosting companies (for example, 1&1.com, Ahosting.biz, etc) and I believe forum indeed helps the users to fix many issues or makes the owners of the companies to pay attention at their tech staff, I mean their service.
  • DanKo
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

For example, A2hosting.com has a customer forum as a kind of support on their web site and I think it helps the users to get the impression of A2hosting activity and the management level of support team.
I believe that forum is very effective thing in resolving different issues.
  • Tonzilit
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your replies, guys. They are very precious for me.
I have looked through the web sites of A2hosting.com, 1&1.com, Ahosting.biz, HostGator.com, etc.) and should say that their community forums are really very helpful. They give the idea of the management level of these web hosting companies. Good thing IMHO.
  • tan_go
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hope you have got the answer your question.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

ibragimm wrote:
Bogey, I haven't see any irony in Tonzilit's words.
I have seen community forums on the web sites of many web hosting companies (for example, 1&1.com, Ahosting.biz, etc) and I believe forum indeed helps the users to fix many issues or makes the owners of the companies to pay attention at their tech staff, I mean their service.

You didn't get me... but I get that sometimes... (actually it's more like "most of the time).

Never mind... forget that... I agree that forums help... they do in fact help...

A little thing to note... I said that because I was trying trying TRYING to prove a little point of that the forums help but... WHUAHAHAHA NOBODY CAN UNDERSTAND ME WHUAHAHAHA
  • Ofario
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Ofario

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hosts' forums are great if they are regularly updated by the staff and demonstrate the activity of the community, I think that's thercase with ahosting.biz.

What's more searching for something in Google, I end up at the hosts' forum as it was today with site5 forum.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey I understand what you was trying to say: Now as for " your question" then yes they do indeed help.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks penguin :)

Quote:
Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:17 am
<= First Post
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins