• Skirge
  • Loc: nashua nh

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.westnic.net/hosting/personal/

i was looking at that and it says domains ( seperate accounts) 5

and it says Domains ( pointers ) 5

wat does that mean ??? like id get 5 .com names or something

also it says

Monthly Fee (paid yearly) $4.95 does that mean its 4.95 a month or is it 4.95 a year ??
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have to pay $4.95 x 12 and you can host 5 seperate domains in the account for the same price.
  • CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting
  • Loc: Wishing I was in Kicking Horse

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

As Uncensored has said - you get to host 5 domains there - though, this doesnt mean they will give you 5 free domains....

Also, the price is monthly - however, if you pay for 12 months, they give you the discounted price of $4.95/month....
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

To get a discount (10%) they have to pay for 24 months. They require a minimum 12 month payment/commitment at $4.95/mo. Frankly I would be leary of this type of arrangement. Especially since you must pay for a year in advance and they are offering 1500/50GB for that $4.95/mo.

CartikaHosting wrote:

Also, the price is monthly - however, if you pay for 12 months, they give you the discounted price of $4.95/month....
  • jmweb
  • Student
  • Student
  • jmweb
  • Loc: 127.0.0.1

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would suggest you be careful when looking for a host. That host is one of the ones I'd consider too good to be true.
  • Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge
  • Loc: nashua nh

Post 3+ Months Ago

alright thanks for all the input... i guess i wont buy from deez guys...

i just got a friend to host me and then im gonna spend money with go daddy to get myself a .net name
  • Ishii
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Ishii
  • Loc: Gilbert, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

When you're ready to start paying for a host, check out phpwebhosting. Yes, they actually do give you unlimited fully burstable bandwidth. My friend uploaded a graphic file and posted it onto a world of warcraft forum. Anyway, someone at blizzard found it and posted a link to it on the worldofwarcraft.com page. Webalizer shows that we transferred 145852600 kb or 145,852gb of data the month that image was posted. View our log here
  • jmweb
  • Student
  • Student
  • jmweb

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Family photo albums, or other general purpose photo galleries are almost always fine. Our restrictions are mainly against an archive of photos, for example, of music artists, tv clips, or other types of archives that attract a large amount of traffic and cause problems for all the other users on the server.

Quote:
Though we do not have any pre-set limits, you will receive warnings if your site begins to use over 25 GB of bandwidth/month. If you use more than this occasionally that is fine
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thats only 139GB. No host is going to let you transfer 145,852GB for $10. Notwithstanding this the fact they let you transfer 139GB for $10 bucks is still quite impressive.

Ishii wrote:
Webalizer shows that we transferred 145852600 kb or 145,852gb of data the month that image was posted. View our log here
  • jmweb
  • Student
  • Student
  • jmweb

Post 3+ Months Ago

Uncensored-Hosting wrote:
Thats only 139GB. No host is going to let you transfer 145,852GB for $10. Notwithstanding this the fact they let you transfer 139GB for $10 bucks is still quite impressive.

Ishii wrote:
Webalizer shows that we transferred 145852600 kb or 145,852gb of data the month that image was posted. View our log here

Agreed, but at the same time, look at how much he usually pushes in a month..
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

YTD averages out to approximately 12GB/mo. It's actually a pretty sweet deal for the host. Provided of course their business model sends those habitually using more than 25GB/mo packing.
  • jmweb
  • Student
  • Student
  • jmweb

Post 3+ Months Ago

$9.95 a month for 12 GB bandwidth...is literally what he's paying for.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts