Is free hosting always all that sucky?

• Vidda
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Vidda

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ive been searching for good free hosting with 60-100 mb of space, as much bandwith as possible, mysql, uni.cc hosting and php support for ages.

First I tryed Olddh, but they did have problems twice with their server and when they restored their site, they only offfered paid hosting and waited months before allowing free hosting again. Some kind of trick to get money I guess, so its not reliable.

Then I tryed 2webh but then they had to close their service for money isssues.

Then I tryed Shyper... christ!!! The mysql sever is ALWAYS down, my site got deleted, they allow automatic signups for a HUUUGE package. In other words, the admin is just... incompetent.

Then I tryed Slamhost, but realised that what they called FTP was an online program called FTP that allowed me to upload 10 files at once, or 10 zip at once. Files couldnt be bigger than 15 mbs, ZIPs no bigger than 5 mbs, and the uploads timed out after 30 seconds. The mysqls are on request, and adding to this they've been down for two days now... Hell I wanted to put the backup of my site on their server, its impossible! O_o

So Im still searching, can't anyone help me find something that is both GOOD and RELIABLE??? I have all the knowledge to work on proffessionnal web pages and programs, all I need is the space, bandwith and programs to host them and run them.

And I dont want to post 2849023943548 posts on someone's forum to get it. Sure maybe a little pay-by-post restriction is not all that bad, but some hosts exagerate. Hell, some wants me to post hundreds each month to keep my site. I have a life to take care of and a lot of projects, so I dont want to spend hours a month just to keep my site.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

it's pretty simple really: you get what you pay for.
  • Vidda
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Vidda

Post 3+ Months Ago

So not only I have to make the website all by myself, distribute its content for free and pay for it to be available on the net? O_o Nah... there gotta be some hosting I can rely on, because it will take a lot to convince me to get paid hosting.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good lord, man...look around you. Good hosting is "affordable" and there's several right here at OZZU that can provide you that including UNFLUX who just posted above. Let me echo UNFLUX -- you get what you pay for.

tanstaafl
(There ain't no such thing as a free lunch)
  • Vidda
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Vidda

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well yeah but I'm serious I really can't pay for hosting no matter how affordable it is. If you got actual tips about getting actual free hosting, I'd appreciate it a lot.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Click the OZZU search link at the top of the page and type in: free hosting and select the Hosting board in the dropdown menu. You'll find everything you need to know there.

Sorry.

//topic locked.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts