FREE hosting with database

• kitcorsa
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kitcorsa

Post 3+ Months Ago

i saw a link a while back somewhere to a company that give you a small hosting with a database for free.

any one know of one?

im just looking to set up a simple online survey using php and database but dont want to pay for a server. i know there some out there i seen a like just cant member where now.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• rllunzmann
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • rllunzmann
  • Loc: Wisconsin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Kitcorsa,

Many webhosts should offer you databases as part of your plan, so don't jump on one so quickly because you hear that. Whether you need MySQL, MSSQL or Postgre, etc.. you will find that many hosts are going to give you these options when you host with them. Some will limit the number you can have and some won't as well.
  • kitcorsa
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kitcorsa

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah but i want a free host not a payed host
  • rllunzmann
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • rllunzmann
  • Loc: Wisconsin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you care about possible ads in your control panel? Possible links on your website?

If not, then yes, free hosting would be for you. There are some free web hosts that are good. How established is your website?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

try freewebs.com. I don't know about PHP (They say they do allow PHP) and no adds. The url would look something like the following...

http://www.freewebs.com/YOURSITE
  • kitcorsa
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kitcorsa

Post 3+ Months Ago

not bothered about adds etc its basically just so i can play around and teach my self things. also when i get stuck on thing i can give the link here so people can give me support etc.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use freewebs.com for that. I got one account in it that I use for showing pictures and such. I recommend it. They allow you to transfer multiple files from your computer to the file manager, and it is really easy to use. The only restriction is the bandwidth and the size of space they give you (also a few more apply but you'll see it when and if you apply for their free service).

Also, no ads is a big plus to it. No pop-ups or pop-unders as well. I like their service.
  • fimc2007
  • Born
  • Born
  • fimc2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

kitcorsa wrote:
i saw a link a while back somewhere to a company that give you a small hosting with a database for free.

any one know of one?

im just looking to set up a simple online survey using php and database but dont want to pay for a server. i know there some out there i seen a like just cant member where now.

u can get a free hosting but not with these types of features
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please refer to this post. [Dead Link]

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts