Free Web Hosting Service

• Renegades
  • Renegades

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey... Once again, I'm looking for another script... I've found all the previous ones I've looked for, so I'ma give this one a try... I'm looking for a script that will allow people to register and maintain their own website...
Something like http://www.freewebs.com - It doesn't have to be high-tech like that, but that's what I'm looking for. Something related/works to/like that.
Thanks a ton!
-- Renegades
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• fawh
  • Student
  • Student
  • fawh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here is one. I installed it for a client a few months ago. It's a nice script for the price.

http://www.jtcotton.com/cool-host.php
  • Renegades
  • Renegades

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ah, I might look into it. First lets dish out the FREE ones. :P
Then move onto the paying ones...
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

tanstaafl

"There ain't no such thing as a free lunch" - Robert Heinlein

And please fix your signature to comply with our "3-line" rule:
http://www.ozzu.com/announcements-rules/ozzu-rules-and-regulations-t697.html
  • fawh
  • Student
  • Student
  • fawh

Post 3+ Months Ago

It only costs 10 dollars. Check the demo first to see if it has all the features you need.
  • whatlikesit12345
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello !
Anybody of u guys using bytehoard ? bytehoard.sourceforge.net veeeery handy tool for managing ur site. And it looks profesional , it should be useable on zinix.net so: Check it out sometime !

Bytehoard:
ByteHoard is a PHP-based solution for storing, managing and sharing files through your browser.

Easy to install, it allows you to both upload and download files to and from your webserver. You can have multiple users, each with their own usernames, passwords, files and directories, or you can just use it yourself to manage your files.

You can change the permissions on files, allowing other users, or indeed guests to your website, to view and even edit them. Editing plain text, markup or code is possible with the built-in plain text and HTML editors.

It's possible to generate one-off links to files so you can share them with friends or collegues. These links can be timed, so after a certain time they won't work, or (in the upcoming 2.1 releases) for an indefinate period.

The builtin package system allows you to download and install any patches, updates or additional content packs in just two clicks, easing maintenance.

There's many more features, some of which are too trivial to mention. In addition, the code is designed to be modular and easy to change, and there's abstration for databases, authentication and file storage mechanisms, making ByteHoard a good place to start if you want something similar, but you don't want to create a custom solution.

And, of course, it's Open Source, free for all to download, use, change and play around with. Source: Bytehoard.com
  • Renegades
  • Renegades

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually, There is something called Reduced Lunch, which is FREE. Nice try there buddy - Get your faces straight. KTHX.
Anyways... Thanks for the replies everyone..

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts