Freewebs Host.Be careful

• Pita
  • Loc: US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Peeps ;)
I am not real sure where to post this and moderators please feel free to move this to where it needs to be. :lol:
I am still very new to owning websites, this is my second one so I decided to try a cheap host that had an "easy web builder". I chose Freewebs. Within 2 months of having my site on this host I ran into many problems and they were all avoidable if I knew then what I know now lol.
If you plan on a site with streaming audio and video this host is most likely not in your best interest because the monthly bandwidth will get chewed up very quickly and purchasing additional bandwidth can be costly. The webspace is also not very large and I have already purchased additional webspace simply because I refuse to move my site until I get my year out of it :P lol
My website is just a personal one and I personally can not afford to invest a lot into it so I may have been looking at dollar signs a bit more than specs before I purchased the hosting. :grab:
Best wishes to all for awesome sites!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Lamia_Poi
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Freewebs has recently hired the bandwidth etc, however if yoiur looking for a cheap host with a reasonable bandwidth i'd reccomend http://www.streamline.net the bandwidth is unlimited and the webspace is pretty good.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

*sighs, or you could just get a real host.
  • Commchex
  • Commchex

Post 3+ Months Ago

You get what you pay for..

Try going with a host that costs money, that way they have a vested interest in caring about your site.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts