Getting Apache to work behind a linksys router

• Matternor
  • Born
  • Born
  • Matternor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've been trying to get my webserver (Apache) visible to the internet for the past few days, without any luck; so I'm hoping that someone here could help. The problem is that everytime I try to access my website using the domain name that I have registered, I only get the password box for the web tools of the router.

I have a linksys router model #WRT55AG (but I have another name for it right now) with port fowarding enabled on ports 80 and 443. My remote admin tools are disabled, as I have read that they also use port 80. Apache is configured correctly as I can access the webpage over my lan. I removed the router, connected the webserver directly to the modem (reconfiguring its settings) and my page was visible to the internet. Plug the router back in, and the web tools box is back up.

I've contacted linksys, and their reply was the basic 'enable port fowarding' which I had long since figured out. Would anyone here know how to get my router to actually foward packets that come in on port 80? [/i]
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Matternor
  • Born
  • Born
  • Matternor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I figured out what was the problem. I shut down a window's service that I shouldn't have.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts