Godaddy Email Problems Anyone else?

• Brandon Bevis
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Brandon Bevis
  • Loc: Springfield, Missouri

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

We are a reseller for godaddy only for our email since we don't want to mess with email servers too much but we are having major support requests from our customers regarding their godaddy email - like people they send to not getting their email and such. Of course calling godaddy regarding this doesn't really help since they pretty much say it's our customers isp (which is just bull), but I would love to know if anyone else is having this problem and if so a solution? or if not an easy way to switch to someone else for our customers email accounts?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• eWebtricity
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Tampa, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

GoDaddy.com is notorious for blocking entire subnet ranges from other ISP's. Their stance seems to be "hey, its out of our hands since it's an automated process". I take it that their servers get a msg, mark it as spam, and then blacklist the entire subnet or whatever they find in ARIN from a WHOIS.
  • postnsons
  • Born
  • Born
  • postnsons

Post 3+ Months Ago

Regarding godaddy email, I don't have any problem with sending/receiving mail however I have a major problem with cookies and signing in. My work pc has no problems, however home pc keeps kicking me out whenever I try to read/send mail.

I try to delete mail at home pc and after I sign out and sign back in again there is no email deleted.
  • bryantwalley
  • Born
  • Born
  • bryantwalley
  • Loc: Winston Salem, NC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Godaddy under the secureserver.net banner uses poor filtering techniques to block entire IP pools instead of blocking domainsin an effort too control spam and virus activity. Unfortunatly Spammers know how to work around this and it ends up blocking out only the legitimate emails of unfortunate people who stil use the secureserver.net servers to get email. They also use a whitelist of ISP servers in an effort to get people to redirect thier mail thru one of their servers. Most ISPs are not on this list. Their mail gets blocked. I have spoken with a woman who says she was with "the office of the president" and said they did not plan on upgrading thier policy and is convinced there is nothing wrong with their system. I am currently in the process of having to move over twenty domains with email to another location because Godaddy just cant get it right. Its kind of sad considering how easy it is to fix.
  • angryadmin
  • Born
  • Born
  • angryadmin

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've been a godaddy customer since Oct 2005,

there service sucks. there customer support sucks (its all automated emails)

I have their "premium" email service which means emails get dropped from legitimate people and sources.

I had a mailing list server send email to my accounts at godaddy. since OCT2005 and then godaddy decided that my server wasn't trust worthy or something like that

they now block that email that is from our registered class-c network with ICAAN

My mailing list server isn't on any of the spam black lists. Basically its godaddy *peach* up

well they lost this customer.

Will switch sooner then my anniversary due to their stupidity
  • jenkrober
  • Born
  • Born
  • jenkrober
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have the exact same issues with Godaddy with more than 50 mail clients I need to move. Any good suggestions on a new email host?
  • hkrevel
  • Born
  • Born
  • hkrevel

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was just doing research because I had contempleted using Godaddy. However, after reading your remarks and others. I've decided to look elsewhere. Thanks guys.

<a href="http://www.phox9.com/isp/internetserviceproviders/peoplepc/peoples-pc-isp.php">Peoples PC Isp</a>
  • mafiaboy3
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mafiaboy3
  • Loc: Canda

Post 3+ Months Ago

luk guys, ive seen so many people post problems with their go daddy sites/accounts....STOP USING IT , use some reliabe web host like yahoo or sbi!
  • avalanchez71
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • avalanchez71

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've registered three domains with GoDaddy and am convinced their email is a lost cause.

I've been using Interland (now Web.com) for several years and have always liked them. Their service isn't as cheap, but it's worth the cost, in my opinion.
  • Jeffk
  • Born
  • Born
  • Jeffk
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have been experiencing major issues with Godaddy email. The problem is with multiple domains that I currently own at Godaddy. The email issue just keeps getting worse, and I've been wondering if it was just me. I'm glad I found this site, so I know I'm not alone.
  • charlesgan
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Brandon Bevis wrote:
Hello,

We are a reseller for godaddy only for our email since we don't want to mess with email servers too much but we are having major support requests from our customers regarding their godaddy email - like people they send to not getting their email and such. Of course calling godaddy regarding this doesn't really help since they pretty much say it's our customers isp (which is just bull), but I would love to know if anyone else is having this problem and if so a solution? or if not an easy way to switch to someone else for our customers email accounts?

i having a hosting with godaddy. and previously having lots of hard time with this host.
their support team always reply with template instruction, which is not helping at all. no forum, no live chat. thats bad.

godaddy might be a good registra, but not my prefered hosting.
  • tncnewmedia
  • Born
  • Born
  • tncnewmedia

Post 3+ Months Ago

We've moved our company email over to Yahoo Small Business email services just yesterday after being with GoDaddy for nearly two years. Over those two years, we have had several issues that finally became so serious that we switched email services:

1) Although we had always selected the option to have potential spam emails go into the Bulk folder, legitimate business emails would randomly bounce back to the sender. GoDaddy support always said that all email, no matter how spam-like, was suppose to be delivered to the Bulk folder - never bounced. Yet approximately once per month we would get a phone call from a client stating that their email to us had bounced. Often times the bounce message indicated that their email was either spam or contained a virus - neither of which was true. GoDaddy support refused to acknowledge a problem. We would have our client send the bounce message to us via a different email account like our Gmail account and we would then forward it on to GoDaddy. Support "escalated" our requests to a higher level of support but then we'd never hear anything again from them. Calling back would simply start the entire conversation over again. It was infuriating. The only thing we could surmise is that they must have old spam-handling code on some of their servers that they did not realize was there.

2) In addition to email bouncing back to senders, some email would never be delivered at all - no bounce to the sender, no re-direct into the Bulk folder - they would simply vanish. A client would call days later wondering why we had not responded to an email, yet we had never received it in the first place and the sender never received a bounce. It would almost have been better if it was always a specific domain or sender that had the problem. But the problem was random and intermittent. We'd receive their email one day and the next we would not. Trying to prove to GoDaddy the existence of an email that no longer existed proved to be an exercise in futility.

GoDaddy has serious issues with their email service that they refuse to acknowledge or refuse to fix - I cannot tell which. It got to the point that we could no longer trust that we were consistently getting important emails and decided our business could no longer afford to do nothing.

It was a major hassle and pain in the behind to switch but we had to do something. They had a great web-based email interface and we'll miss that, but consistent delivery of email is mission critical to our business and in the end it is the only feature that we really couldn't live without.
  • stevet
  • Born
  • Born
  • stevet

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am amazed that this problem goes back so long. I have experienced the above problems and have been pleading with GoDaddy to stop blocking legitamate emails as it is extremely embarrasing to have to go to people and ask for their IP address so that GoDaddy can unblock them.

I would like to switch all my domains but need a really easy hassle free process with similar costs to what i'm currently paying without the poor support and couldn't care less attitude.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

GoDaddy sucks, they have not learned the number 1 rule... costumers come first. What will they do if they loose all business altogether? Plead with the world to come back? Actually I believe that people come there even of their notable problems. They don't know spend money on GoDaddy and then realize their mistake. They're a rip off. Even though I never had any accounts in GoDaddy, I can relate to other experiences from what I hear.

It just amazes how ignorant GoDaddy support can be. Just amazes me.
  • godaddyarewankers
  • Born
  • Born
  • godaddyarewankers

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can't believe how long Godaddy has been giving people the same problems for. I recently regitered a new domain with Godadddy, as well as a paid for email service.

This email was never able to receive or send emails, which according to Godaddy help was because I had been flagged as a Spam company. Then, the emails related to my other domain with Godaddy started experiencing exactly the same problems, so that I was unable to send or receive any emails from 2 domains, and 6 addresses. Every time I queried it, I got exactly the same answer back, just from someone different.

I have 3 months left on my one domain and email, and a full year on the new one, but I have still pulled them and moved to an email and Domain host which actually works.

Godaddy is the worst company in the whole world. I now talk about them in the same vein as Osama Bin Laden.
  • funnyface
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • funnyface
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's not the first "Godaddy sucks" thread, I'd switch over to Namecheap.com, not sure if they offer reselling, but their customer service is unbeatable.
  • Website_Designer
  • Born
  • Born
  • Website_Designer
  • Loc: Carcassone, France

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've had a problem sending emails from my GoDaddy account. I just found the following topic on a different chat forum and it worked for me!

Are you trying to send mail via a godaddy server from your current ISP? If so, your ISP may be blocking it. Try this:

Port Settings
The SMTP relay service is configured to work with the following ports: Port 25, Port 80, and Port 3535. For most email systems, the default port is 25 and your email client will use this automatically. If your ISP employs a firewall that prevents relays from using port 25, you may need to change your port settings to 80 or 3535.

If you are using Outlook 2000 or Outlook Express 6:
Step 1:
Select Accounts from the top menu bar of Outlook Express.

Step 2:
Highlight the account you would like to modify and click on Properties.

Step 3:
Click on the Advanced tab.

Step 4:
Change the Outgoing Mail (SMTP) from 25 to either 80 or 3535.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

get a gmail . / google page creator by that you can have e-maill address (your web.www ) with gmail version. godaddy so far has been satisfying to me.I don't understand why so many having problems but not seeking solutions like what Website_Designer did ,instead complaining endlessly. good luck. and be peaceful while programming and building websites !
  • hch123
  • Born
  • Born
  • hch123

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got the same problems from Godaddy. Many of our customers' emails were blocked. And now my boss asked me to transfer to other web hosting.
Any recommendation of "NORMAL" web hosting for small business?
(as long as the email server doesn't blocked emails like godaddy)
How can I reduce the loss to the minimum when I transfer other hosting?
Thanks a lot!
  • wgnweb
  • Born
  • Born
  • wgnweb

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here is a reply I sent to them recently. I have complained to them in the past but until now I didnt want to go through all the work to move 120 mailboxes to a new server.

---------------------------------
I am going to stress this ONE more time. You people are losing customers. Your policy is TOO STRICT. It should be our decision to block an email from coming in not Godaddy. We are constantly missing important email from people and losing money because potential customers can’t send us mail and they wont go through the trouble of getting it straightened out with godaddy. They can send email to everyone else except godaddy customers. Enough is enough. Every other email host does not block at the level you guys block. The company I am switching too allows me to see the emails that are being blocked and make a decision for myself whether to allow it or not. Your security policy STINKS and is out of sync with the rest of the industry.

Please pass this on to someone in authority that can make policy changes. If enough people complain about this maybe you guys will finally listen. If you guys haven’t noticed this issue is plastered ALL over the web. Everyone is fed up with it.

It would be like me having a watchdog at my house that is suppose to keep out bad guys but instead it is too good of a watch dog and doesn’t let anyone in.
---------------------------------
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

depends on what you're using it for. i suggest get other e-mail accounts. Solve it. As for godaddy, to me -so far so good. please understand that sometimes setting your computer remotely or locally does have alot of impact. Do you have issue with SMTP or something ?
  • hch123
  • Born
  • Born
  • hch123

Post 3+ Months Ago

George, it's not the web-design or SMTP problem at all, don't you get it? but I am happy for you that you don't have any trouble with goddady.
  • ibragimm
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry to read about that. It seems they are getting worse day by day.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

hch123 wrote:

George, it's not the web-design or SMTP problem at all, don't you get it? but I am happy for you that you don't have any trouble with goddady.

Ok. my misinterpretation. Look i'm sorry to hear all of that. About hosting - there are a bunch of those normal hosting companies . Bluehost.com . http://www.Hostgator.com. / Thinkhost.com. Why does your company need clients to send to a specific e-mail? get a gmail, solve all the problem i imagine. Good luck! & Merry christmas
  • Charley
  • Born
  • Born
  • Charley

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've had a couple of GoDaddy-based domains and associated email for perhaps 1.5 years now, and everything seemed to be working like a charm until recently.

About two months ago I got word that email sent to me had bounced as undeliverable, yet other email from the same sender earlier and later was delivered normally.

More recently, my wife sent me a text message from her cell phone. It never showed up. I then did some experiments from my own cell phone. Texts from the cell to my GoDaddy email disappeared. Identical messages to my corporate email (not hosted with GoDaddy) came through fine. Interestingly, if I sent a message from the GD account to my cell and then replied back to the GD email, that reply would work. One tentative theory is that it worked because it picked up a subject line along the way, but that's unproven.

Now today I gradually became aware that I had received no email at all after about 5:00 this morning. I've sent several test messages from my corporate email to my GD email, and none have arrived safely (but see next paragraph for a sort of exception), though GD returned successful delivery messages back.

I usually use Outlook 2003 to access my GD account via POP3. As I said, nothing has arrived there since early this morning. Just for fun, I went to the Web-based version of my GD email (email.<mydomain>.com). It also showed none of the emails that should have arrived. But here's the fun part. While I had the Web-based GD email inbox open (with nothing in it) I sent an email to it from my corporate account. As soon as it left, I refreshed the Web inbox, and there was my email! It made it! When I clicked on it, though, I got an error message saying the email had been deleted, moved, or recalled. I repeated the experiment, but instead of trying to open it when I saw it arrive, I just waited a moment and refreshed my inbox, and it was gone. Either way, it appears that email gets successfully delivered and then seconds later it disappears on its own. This is in spite of white-listing the sender and even completely turning off GD's spam filtering.

I'm regretting that 10-year contract about now.

I should mention that when I was playing with the cell phone text messages, I also noticed the arrive-and-disappear syndrome, but then I got busy on something unrelated and never pursued it further until today.

I'm not aware of ever having any trouble sending email from GD to the outside world.
  • wgnweb
  • Born
  • Born
  • wgnweb

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dont be sorry you have a 10 year contract with godaddy. That is just your domain. They are a great domain registrar but they are a TERRABLE email host. Their spam policy is TOO strict and they dont care. And for those out there that say "well just turn your spam filter off" your idiots. It isnt the spam filter that we can control it is a filter on their server that they refuse to adjust or turn off. Their policy is like none other. They block IP addresses on a server level and dont give you the option to receive them. It is the wrong policy, just think about all the companies that use them for their email and potential customers cant send you emails becasue their IP address is blocked.
  • Charley
  • Born
  • Born
  • Charley

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Don't be sorry you have a 10 year contract with godaddy. That is just your domain. They are a great domain registrar but they are a TERRIBLE email host.

Indeed, I have no complaints about the management of my Web sites with GoDaddy, just the email glitches.

So how does that work? If I have registered www.mydomain.com, I want my email address to by charley@mydomain.com--the same domain name. If http://www.mydomain.com lives at GoDaddy, is it possible to have charley@mydomain.com exist independently of GoDaddy and their annoying habit of blocking stuff too indiscriminately?
  • Atrus
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Atrus

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've had a great experience using Google's mail server. It's free and has a great spam filter.

I use my own domain and it also supports IMAP.

Check out Google Apps. We've moved our company email servers there as well now.

Scott
  • wgnweb
  • Born
  • Born
  • wgnweb

Post 3+ Months Ago

Charley wrote:
So how does that work? If I have registered www.mydomain.com, I want my email address to by charley@mydomain.com--the same domain name. If http://www.mydomain.com lives at GoDaddy, is it possible to have charley@mydomain.com exist independently of GoDaddy and their annoying habit of blocking stuff too indiscriminately?

You can use any domain registrar as just the registrar and use a different website host and email host or use godaddy just for website host and point the MX records to someone else to host your email. If you host your website somewhere else then you want to change the DNS servers to that hosts DNS servers. My websites are all hosted with another company so I just point my DNS servers to theirs and email is still with godaddy for now. As soon as I have the time I am moving my websites and email back to the same host and just use godaddy as the domain registrar.

I have called Godaddy a number of times hoping that my consistancy would pay off, NOT! They simply think their polocy is the right one. I said what about my customers that cant get through. They said have them set their reverse DNS up right. I said why would they go through all that trouble just becasue they cant send to me. They can send to everyone else fine just not to Godaddy customers. They will take their business somewhere else. What about all the customers that I never hear from. GODADDY JUST DOESNT CARE! "WE ARE NOT GOING TO CHANGE OUR POLOCY". If they dont care then they MUST hear from us.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Atrus wrote:
I've had a great experience using Google's mail server. It's free and has a great spam filter.

I use my own domain and it also supports IMAP.

Check out Google Apps. We've moved our company email servers there as well now.

Scott

That's what i've been trying to say earlier in my posts.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 39 posts