GoDaddy FTP Conection Problems

• calebtheredwood
  • Loc: Wisconsin USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have an account on GoDaddy deluxe shared Linux hosting. I've established FTP access with this account and have been working with it for the last two years. Over the last 2 or 3 months I have been having problems maintaining the connection. I can log in and do some work, but every 4th or 5th file I try to save either times out or saves as a blank file on the server. There are also times when I have problems reconnecting for a while(2-3minutes).

This problem occurs consistently with any of the FTP programs I have. I also use these programs successfully with other major web hosts, but only experience this error with GoDaddy shared Linux hosting.

I've called their customer service and have always gotten the same, "Everything looks good on our end" type of reply.

Could it be a problem with them jamming too many clients on one of these shared servers and limiting the amount of FTP connections available so I loose my FTP connection?

Note: I'm not looking for people to flame GoDaddy in this thread. I'm searching for someone with some insight or to confirm that this is a common problem. Thank you.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I never used godaddy & I never use FTP clients. I always run FTP from a command prompt from both windows & unix. That was the way connections were made before FTP clients arrived on the scene.

I would test it that way to see if your problem.

Also, godaddy has instructions for each FTP client if that's the only way you know.

http://help.godaddy.com/article/96
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've logged into quite a few Godaddy shared Linux hosting sites using everything from Filezilla to wget. I've never had any problems like you describe.

I think something has changed on the network between you and Godaddy since you mention it just started in the last few months and it doesn't sound like you've been doing anything different.
  • calebtheredwood

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the help guys. I'll approach the problem with your advice in mind, and post back here when I resolve the issue.
  • rantized
  • rantized

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've noticed a lot of people complaining about Godaddy and their web hosting service lately. I think they should stick with registering domain names!
  • max45
  • Born
  • Born
  • max45

Post 3+ Months Ago

Godaddy service is being flopped from the beginning. Their domain selling business was quite ok but I do not know why they have started hosting business with their poor quality. I have bought a dedicated from them and they just fooled me. Ftp problem, domain parking problem what problem do not they gift to users god knows.
  • calebtheredwood

Post 3+ Months Ago

From what I can tell, the problem is a conflict between my router's firewall and GoDaddy's FTP security. I'm considering the question on this thread solved. Thank you to those who added value(Don2007, joebert).
  • dyeshurun
  • Born
  • Born
  • dyeshurun

Post 3+ Months Ago

calebtheredwood wrote:
From what I can tell, the problem is a conflict between my router's firewall and GoDaddy's FTP security. I'm considering the question on this thread solved. Thank you to those who added value(Don2007, joebert).

Can you tell what was the problem?
A customer of mine seems to have a similar problem,

Thanks,

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts