Godaddy Hosting Account Virus

• delhipro
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • delhipro
  • Loc: india

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, I have two accounts with Godaddy and both are infected with Virus. One is Linux based account and other is Windows based account. This virus is injecting <iframe> tag in my webpages which takes it to a virus loading websites. Has anybody else here also faced the same problem. Godaddy support answers are also not satisfactory, they are saying change your hosting password, I followed the same but again same problem, now they are saying upload clean files again, I have uploaded so many times, but error remains the same. The virus comes every one or two days and I have to remove it. Is there any solution to this problem or should I change the hosting provider.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Change you godaddy password from a different PC in case yours is infected.
  • delhipro
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • delhipro
  • Loc: india

Post 3+ Months Ago

I donot think that will help, as both of my servers are managed from two different locations, so it can not be our systems.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Godadday says the problem is not in their system and you say it's not in yours but if your sites are vulnerable to java script, PHP or SQL injection, then I would think that it's up to you to rewrite the code.
  • gwin
  • Born
  • Born
  • gwin

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have had the same problem, what I do is just rotate the shared hosting by deleting my account and signing up for a new one. I haven't really found a solution and godaddy's sucky customer service isn't helping. This is the problem with "Shared" hosting, some idiot hacker or dumb user has a virus on their hosting and it spreads throughout the servers.

I'm starting to give up with godaddy and trying to find another reliable provider. I've used godaddy for 5 years now, and only recently has this problem arisen.

I've got one personal and one business site hosted with them, and the downtime is costing me money. I can't justify upgrading to a full hosted site, and in this day and age I can't not believe that there are competitors out there.

Godaddy better get their act together, and SACK YOUR INDIAN OUTSOURCED HELP CENTER because they DON'T help!.

delhipro wrote:
Hi, I have two accounts with Godaddy and both are infected with Virus. One is Linux based account and other is Windows based account. This virus is injecting <iframe> tag in my webpages which takes it to a virus loading websites. Has anybody else here also faced the same problem. Godaddy support answers are also not satisfactory, they are saying change your hosting password, I followed the same but again same problem, now they are saying upload clean files again, I have uploaded so many times, but error remains the same. The virus comes every one or two days and I have to remove it. Is there any solution to this problem or should I change the hosting provider.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Godaddy better get their act together, and SACK YOUR INDIAN OUTSOURCED HELP CENTER because they DON'T help!.

Yeah !

They should fire all of those bums and hire American tech support people at $25 an hour. Who cares about how they're going to pay for it. Everyone who pays Godaddy $4.29 each month is a total pro who knows exactly what they're doing and if there's any problems at all it must be Godaddys fault so when things do happen they have to contact Godaddy and ask Godaddy what's going on instead of telling Godaddy tech support exactly what they need to do.

Stay tuned next week, when I move into a $10 a night crack motel and bitch about their not being a security guard after someone walks into my unlocked room and steals my bike while I'm passed out drunk !

Come on people, you get what you pay for.

Now if you're still reading, I actually have something not intended to piss you off.
Go through all of your files permissions, make sure none of your files or folders are world or group writable.
  • vixieh
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

All the while I thought only my hosting account got some virus. They should respond to this issue as it is getting annoying. They should at least do some virus scan with the server for the shared hosting of those people who complain about having iframe tags altering their websites.

I've already tried all their suggestions and yet failed to resolve the issue. They should have known their customers are already experts in web development since their hosting services are for professionals.

Outsourced call centers are not all that good. Most of the people being hired don't have the proper knowledge for what they are trying to resolve.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have had numerous clients who have had hosting accounts with Godaddy and more than one have had problems with them, and from what I hear customer support is not good. You get what you pay for, that's for sure. While I recommend buying domains through them, I would never recommend hosting with them.
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had my GoDaddy account hacked about 4 months ago and Godaddy claimed they don't keep logs of when people log in and when settings are changed.

Godaddy, like any other company, doesn't care about it's customers.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great for domains, horrible for hosting. I think the only reason they have hosting clients is because no body does any research and they are a big name branded company with super bowl ads.

Although I'm kind of curious as to how their VPS/DS hosting is. I don't think you'd have the crazy problems you might run into on shared hosting.
  • casius
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys we have cured that stuff for our customers by running <iframe> code checker. Significantly it has spotted about 2000 websites infected with <iframe> virus.
We can share if you want that scanner. Also the first think for your customers would be scan their local PCs with the decent anti virus like kaspesky or bitdeffender ad we have noticed that they spot <iframe> virus. After the scan of their computer they also should change FTP password, cause the main thing how <ifarme> gets to website is listenning to FTP port and grabbing the FTP password. We have tested if customer uses Total Commander it grabs password just in moments as all Total Commander FTP info is not encrypted. Happy hunting :) just let me know about if you will need our self made scanner :) PM me
  • lcwakeman
  • Born
  • Born
  • lcwakeman

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a client who had something similar happen to his site. He is self hosted. The problem was basically that they were able to get ftp access to his server. The signature of this infection is '<iframe src="<link to infection site>" width=0 height=0 style="hidden" frameborder=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 scrolling=no></iframe>'.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts