GoDaddy mail servers blocked by AHBL.org

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

In response to a problem one of my company's customers was having with email to us being rejected, I did some research based on information from a copy of the NDR he sent to me. His company's website is hosted with GoDaddy and that's where email was originating from. After some very fast research, it was a no-brainer to determine that GoDaddy is seriously blocked by AHBL. Check out this result from the server that I queried about:

Quote:
IP Address Query Results (dnsbl):
127.0.0.10 - GoDaddy - EID-1001 - Continued hosting of spam/hate sites, ignoring abuse

Reason for listing:
This host has been listed as a 'Shoot On Sight' IP. This means that the host has violated the AHBL's SOS policies. The common cause of these listings are severe abuse, harassment, or other actions taken by the owner of the IP address in question against the AHBL.

Extended Reason:
Your IP has been listed because it is being hosted by GoDaddy. GoDaddy has stated to us that they will not act on abuse or harassment by their customers, even when provided mountains of evidence and complaints. Please do not contact us about removal, as we are unable to speak with anyone besides GoDaddy's abuse department about this issue.

Contrary to their assertions otherwise, GoDaddy has not made any attempts to contact us or come to a resolution on any issues.

The following links were included for reference and additional reading
http://www.spamresource.com/2010/10/god ... -ahbl.html
http://www.godaddyignoresabuse.com/
http://www.ahbl.org/content/godaddy-misinformation

I'm posting this as a heads up for people that come to OZZU seeking advice on hosting. If you plan to host with GoDaddy and email delivery is critical for your business, based on the information above, you might want to think twice.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just to be clear, does this affect people with domains registered at Godaddy who have mail/hosting services elsewhere, or only people who use Godaddy's email/hosting services ?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

This would only affect people who have mail/hosting services at Godaddy. This does not affect people who just buy their domains at GoDaddy.
  • charcoal
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Another bad review on Godaddy hosting services, very pity that they don't do anything to fix there reputation about hosting
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Their hosting service is fine. They just simply don't do anything about the thousands of idiots that take advantage of their hosting to spam the world.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
Their hosting service is fine.

I have to disagree. Their shared hosting is miserably slow and overbooked.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Godaddy shared hosting worked fine for the year or so I used it. It was extremely limited compared to what I have now, but it worked.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Different experiences then. I always had issues with timeouts and page load times; pages were noticeably slower when I was with GoDaddy. When I made the switch about a year ago, the improvement was noticeable: http://jefflinse.com/2009/new-hosting-provider/
  • Injunction
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
Their hosting service is fine. They just simply don't do anything about the thousands of idiots that take advantage of their hosting to spam the world.

Are you using their hosting services now?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts