GoDaddy not allowing remote connection to email server?!

• cmross
  • Born
  • Born
  • cmross

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi All - I'm posting this because I'm totally perplexed why GD is being difficult.

We are developing a website that requires us to monitor our email server and download attachments sent to a specific alias. Nothing fancy. It works when we run a console app (i.e., connect to the server, downloads the attachments). However, it throws an error when ran as a webservice, unable to connect to the email server.

When we contacted GoDaddy, first they sent us a proxy server address to use (which didn't work), then responded that [b]the do not allow remote connections to their email server[/b] ?! Mind you, the domain, web server and email server were all purchased and hosted by GoDaddy...

I'm willing to change hosting companies, if this is, in fact, not a common stance by hosting companies. Though I'm hopefull that I just am missing some critical piece of information. Or, speaking with a support knob. :)

My question is this: how difficult is it to find a hosting company that would allow you to monitor your emails from a web server that they host?

Thanks
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Take a look at cotse.net Steve is a great guy and will answer all your questions.

http://www.cotse.net/contactus.html

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts