Godaddy Suspended My hosting account

• delhipro
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • delhipro
  • Loc: india

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

Its really worst thing that you will see one day morning that all your sites are down without any notice to you. That what godaddy did with me. All my sites gone down without any notice to me. All my websites show website temporarily unavailable. when I checked the cause I came to know somebody complained that on one of the page on my 30 hosted websites, there is some content which belongs to them. Really amazing somebody sends one email to godaddy and godaddy suspends your account without any opportunity to explain or do anything. I think nobody should host any e-commerce website through this company. This is the worst hosting company in the world who donot have any mind that opportunity should always be given to everybody. I do hope it will help you to decide whether to choose godaddy or not.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have heard so many bad stories with GoDaddy and their hosting. Sorry to hear this happened to you.
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've heard the same horror stories. Sadly, in an effort to bring down cost, they must reduce active monitoring/mentoring. Sufficient resources are reduced to reduce overall cost of hosting. Ergo, standard policies are enacted which are meted out in a draconian fashion as they can be employed by the lowest level employees.
Anyone who takes the extended effort to return their site to service then must employ the mounds of red tape to engage higher level employees.
The assumption is that anyone with the wherewithal to engage is probably validated and usually vindicated.

Bottom line, start engaging GoDaddy employees until you reach a higher level of support. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Once you're back up, move. :)
  • delhipro
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • delhipro
  • Loc: india

Post 3+ Months Ago

Now the story follows,

They suspended the hosting on Friday, they went on leave for Saturday and Sunday. Then they came on Monday when they activated the account. Its like they dictating, first give undertaking then we will host you.

They asked me to ask the complainant about the copyright on the content which was under violation, when I queried about the exact contents and I removed whatever they informed:

See my emails:

I removed the content that I promised and the complainant referred. Now I would like to see his copyright over the content. I will not ask the complainant but would like to ask from you, as you took unilateral decision without any opportunity given to me. I do not know who is this complainant but I know only you as you have hosted my websites, so I can only ask you.

Their Reply:
As a service provider, we must operate under the guidelines of the DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act). If a complainant files a complete copyright complaint, we are required to disable access to the site, pending a resolution. It is not our position to act as the arbiter of intellectual property disputes or to judge who is right or wrong in a claim of infringement.

Then I asked again:

So then please tell me, whether you are required to disable access without any notice. If yes, then please show me the guidelines.

Regards

and there is no answer they have. They just suspended without any notice. Horrible!!!!!!!!!

I lost too much, as I have hosted my e-commerce website through them and created bad image of ours in the eyes of my customers. My account had around 30 websites they were all down.

Never host websites with Godaddy
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I completely agree, they have horrible service. What they should have done is given you a fair warning and time to respond to the matter. If you truly had copied someone's content they should contact you directly first to give you a chance to remove the content, instead of going directly to your web host.
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

As I said, the people are not thinkers; they are doers. They follow policy by rote and are not paid to think about the situation and react accordingly. When condition X exists, do Y.
  • thomasmcauley
  • Born
  • Born
  • thomasmcauley

Post 3+ Months Ago

I do some web development and have never run into more ridiculous problems with the two GoDaddy sites than I have in the rest of the hundreds of non-GoDaddy ones. When I found out the GoDaddy was dropping CF and then saying it was because there was some deficiency with ColdFusion -- clearly a superior product to their partner MS's .Net -- I laughed out loud then I got militant. All the horror stories are true about the convoluted nature of GoDaddy's interfaces. Now dropping CF and lying about their motives in doing so?

Do like I did and put your site on ICG Link. They're not free but they're as reliable as you can get and they've been around since '97. Oh, and no plans of dropping ColdFusion now or ever. Same goes for all the other language. They even support .Net Check ICG Link dot com out. They have a link to GoDaddy ColdFusion or something like that at the bottom of the page.
  • viaromania
  • Born
  • Born
  • viaromania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Same think just happened to me. I have no idea why they suspended my account with many websites hosted but it's almost a day since all are offline and I didn't get any answer from GoDaddy.

No matter what problem can be, it makes no sense to suspent an entire hosting account without warning!

And they support service sucks, you don't get answers, it takes day until they answer and most of the time they ask stupid questions like what is your PIN number instead of providing real solutions.

I don't recommend GoDaddy, stay away from the cheap deals and go with a real hosting provider.
  • ex_plo_rer
  • Born
  • Born
  • ex_plo_rer

Post 3+ Months Ago

I face the same problem,
excessive use of server resources, number of files problem and etc problem
and I have change twice from bluehost to justhost. I’m exhausted.

Finally, I’m settle when I found my current provider, you can give them a try..
  • megabeta
  • Born
  • Born
  • megabeta

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is vary bad for anyone. So beacrefull.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

i had godaddy hosting for 30 minutes, after i tried their control panel i was like nope give me full refund that i never checked if they did i just wanted to get the *peach* out of there.

bow down to the gods who made cpanel and WHM

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts