halo dedicated server

• popshot
  • Born
  • Born
  • popshot
  • Loc: pennsylvania

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, i just recently downloaded halo dedicated server. and after i start it up i cant find it to join and members of my team cant either. But the console shows people joining. it has me stumped. im just wanting to know why other people see it to join, but the guys i want to be there cant find it, and also me. please help if u can.

thanks!!
popshot
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Abelius
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Miami Beach, FL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

don't know about halo, but when I used to play Battlefield 1942, if I wanted to "play" dedicated server, I had to do it on one machine, and play on another machine...

Could that be it? :)
  • popshot
  • Born
  • Born
  • popshot
  • Loc: pennsylvania

Post 3+ Months Ago

thank you for the reply, i hope that is not it. because that would mean i would have to go out and buy another pc. and thats spending money i do not have. lol. i thought there was a way to do it one one conputer. but i guess not, thanks for the help.

popshot
  • ckandes1
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • ckandes1
  • Loc: Daytona Beach, FL (US)

Post 3+ Months Ago

dedicated servers are for a single computer only.
you cant play halo and use a ded server at the same time, it'd be kindof a contradiction. Hence, yes if you want a dedicated server for halo you'd have to go out and buiy a new computer.
  • chewy
  • Born
  • Born
  • chewy

Post 3+ Months Ago

well not really , if you have a pentium 4 hyperthread , you can play on your dedicated server , its just tricky , you gotta open the server , and open halo asap , and go to lan , and it should auto populate the list and you can get into your own dedicated server
  • DevLHuntr
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • DevLHuntr

Post 3+ Months Ago

if it is a dedicated server, then thats what it is. a dedicated server. Really if you want to play it and run the server, i believe you can run a server with just halo, and i guess leave it running all the time for your friends (& foes). If you want to run a real dedicated server, you can pick up a great machine for pretty cheap. I belive you could put together a great halo server for less than $500. Just buy you a barebones kit online for less than $250, and then get you up to 512MB of memory for around $80 if the kit lacks memory. You can probably get by with 256 since its just a server, but i would recommend the 512. Score you a 5GB HD which should be pocket change if you look. You won't need a monster video card since this is only running the server and not the game. you don't need a cd-r/dvd-r just a simple cdrom($30) or dvd drive. Remember this is just a dedicated server for the game, don't go all out on bells and whistles. Hope this helps you in your dilemma
  • pimpmasta
  • Student
  • Student
  • pimpmasta

Post 3+ Months Ago

I ran a Counter-Strike dedicated server and was playing on it at the same time on the same computer.

It could be that you have a firewall on, or it could be that you are using the wrong ip. Go to http://www.whatismyip.com and try connecting to it through there, because that's what the CS guys tell us to do ;)
  • JackalPr0
  • Born
  • Born
  • JackalPr0

Post 3+ Months Ago

the problem with your home dedi is that you most likely downloaded the wrong version of the DS (dedicated server). theres 3 of them, 1.01, 1.04, and 1.07 (bought version); if u downloaded halo from ares, limewire, warez, bearshare, shareaza, cabos etc... u most likely have 1.01, or 1.04... check for those downloads, the 1.07 is if u bought the game, then u goto http://microsoft.com/games/halo/downloads.asp
and download the halo 1.07 hotfix (either that or patch, not quite sure :\)

good luck, any other questions goto
http://www.insaneslayers.com
and private message me, i'll rarely come to this forum, i just found it randomly tryin to find a place to buy servers.
  • StrikerMod
  • Born
  • Born
  • StrikerMod
  • Loc: Oklahoma

Post 3+ Months Ago

Noooooooobs

Just change the ports settings in the Halo game : 2202 to 2203 and 2203 to 2204.

You will then be able to run Dedicated Server and join the game and play on it too.

noobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobs!
  • cod5y
  • Born
  • Born
  • cod5y

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok i just got my halo ds working and i can jion from the same comp. the only problem is when i go into the game when the ds is running the color is all screwed up. i can jion and everything but i just cant see what im doing. the color on the menu is messed up too and as soon as i exit the ds it goes back to normal. any1 know what to do?
  • Cold Canuck
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Michigan, U.S. of eh

Post 3+ Months Ago

StrikerMod wrote:
Noooooooobs

Just change the ports settings in the Halo game : 2202 to 2203 and 2203 to 2204.

You will then be able to run Dedicated Server and join the game and play on it too.
noobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobs noobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobsnoobs noobs!
There's no need to get offensive, eh...
  • (SC)killa
  • Born
  • Born
  • (SC)killa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yea uh... i made a dedicated server and i could join it, but no one else could. im stumped too...
  • (SC)killa
  • Born
  • Born
  • (SC)killa

Post 3+ Months Ago

2202? its 2302 is most often and 2303
  • 01Zero10
  • Born
  • Born
  • 01Zero10

Post 3+ Months Ago

I need help with this too.
  • omgwtfhax
  • Born
  • Born
  • omgwtfhax

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is possible to run a dedicated server and halo on the same pc if you have a multicore processor. To do this, when you are running the programs, ctrl-alt-del into task manager then blick the processes tab. Right-click the processes and click Set affinity. Here you can set halo to one core and the server to another. Once you have done this, restart halo and the server and you should be able to connect to your server from halo with 0 or 1 ping. The only problem with this is if you have too little ram to run both.
  • Kzanol
  • Born
  • Born
  • Kzanol

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have setup a Dedicated Server and also play Halo on the same machine (not a problem), however, I find it very annoying to have to swap windows to execute server commands. I have the console enabled on Halo, but every time I try to execute a DS command from the console line I get "Unable to Execute Command" or words to that effect. Does anyone know a work around for this? Perhaps using RCon? Thanks.
  • Necklord
  • Necklord
  • Loc: Indonesia

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm ,,,
where to get cheap dedicated server
  • rllunzmann
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • rllunzmann
  • Loc: Wisconsin

Post 3+ Months Ago

You might also find better luck using SCInterface on your gaming server.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts