I have hosting problems. Please help

• Uganda
  • Uganda

Post 3+ Months Ago

I run http://www.ugandatravelguide.com and i have discovered that someone registred a site dearlead.com and hijacked my site designs and content. I imagine this person must have accessed the server of my host.What am I supposed to do.Am desperate can Someone advise?

Uganda

http://www.ugandatravelguide.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

That would be time to send a cease and desist order, or if you have an attorney on retainer better to have them send it as you are the legal owner of the content. And trust me, they don't have to be able to access your server at your host to steal your content. I would also send a copy to their host.
  • Uganda
  • Uganda

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks alot. Does that mean that I have to write to his hosting company? Will that solve my present situation?

Google has already dropped my home page from its index.I think this infringing site is causing this.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would write to both him and his hosting company. Don't be afraid to threaten legal action, and like I said if you have an attorney on retainer, better to do it through them.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

You don't have to use threats from the start in most cases, but don't act all buddy-buddy about the situation either.

I'd start with the hosting provider, making sure I draw attention to the domain ages in this situation.
  • Uganda
  • Uganda

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your kind advise. I have already written to the hosting company but I have not had any response yet. I hope it will be sorted out soon. For Google, I dont know as they have dropped my home page from their index.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts