help me out

• sreenadh
  • sreenadh

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am currently having a domain,webspace & email from a provider. But they have increased their price & what they give is way more than what i ask for. So, i am planning to move from them completely.

Here is what i am looking for.
>A reliable registar which is cheap, for me to transfer my domain to them. It must provide sub-domains as i want a sub-domain pointing to my blog.
>A very reliable email service provider( i really depend alot on email & i want it very reliable & it must have a good webmail(i prefer webmail over pop/imap)
>a web-host that provides php & 25-50mb space.

thats all that i want.
I dont mind if each is a different company. I must be reliable. Guess that some might be able to help me out.
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

If your web hosting company is reliable and you haven't had any problems with it, then i wouldnt see why you would want to move.

End of the day you need to ensure that your website is being looked after by someone reliable. Have you tried contacting your provider to see if they can give you a custom plan?
  • mabdr2
  • Student
  • Student
  • mabdr2

Post 3+ Months Ago

I completely agree...if it ain't broke don't fix it.

We've had complex hosting customers that wanted to switch to us...but they weren't having a problem with their current host.

I suggested the above...
  • sreenadh
  • sreenadh

Post 3+ Months Ago

my current provider is Brinkster.
But they are not willing to provide me with a customised package. Their service is fine but they dont have anything up to my needs. And thats why, i am here looking for some other ppl.
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are you sure the price increase affects you? It's not often that webhosts pass price increases on to exisitng clients.
  • sreenadh
  • sreenadh

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just contacted the support staff of Brinkster & here is what they said.
" The new rate effects all customers."

Even the professional package is too much for me. I took the professional package just because i wanted PHP. Actually i was planning for the personal package.
I requested them to provide just PHP along with the Personal package but they said "not possible".
One more problem is i need only 3 email account with 250 mb space but they provide 400 email accounts with 50 mb space ONLY. And they are not even willing to change that.
  • Zackeriney
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Zackeriney

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi iv got a good cheep one been fine since i been with it 6-7 months.
you can use

http://ax-hosting.com/hosting.html

for a personal site

and http://ax-hosting.com/resellers.html for resellers. only problem my site went down for a hour for server upgrades i think it was
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can people contact sreenadh by PM with suggestions as sometimes topics like this can only end in spam :D
  • chris_j
  • chris_j

Post 3+ Months Ago

sreenadh wrote:
Here is what i am looking for.
>A reliable registar which is cheap, for me to transfer my domain to them. It must provide sub-domains as i want a sub-domain pointing to my blog.
>A very reliable email service provider( i really depend alot on email & i want it very reliable & it must have a good webmail(i prefer webmail over pop/imap)
>a web-host that provides php & 25-50mb space.

What's your bandwidth requirement?
  • SnailDev
  • Student
  • Student
  • SnailDev

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Sreenadh, I am too with brinkster. True that they are so strict in their specs. I am also looking for a host change.

Can anyone suggest me (PM or here if this website allows) a good hosting with
ASP & PHP support ,
file upload component,
more than 4 domains
minimum 1000 mb webspace
more than 4 databases (Mysql)

Thanks
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem

Post 3+ Months Ago

Min. 1000mb space? Do you even use that much?
  • SnailDev
  • Student
  • Student
  • SnailDev

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not in near futre Nem, But my site needs to store photos of members so I may need a good space.

Easy to say look for reviews. but these review websites must be paid to show such hosting companies in rankings. Anyone knows a good hosting review site?
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do any of your friends/family use web hosting? May be that would be a good source.

In my experience i find it easier for people to find a reliable host from word of mouth.
  • thomase
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • thomase

Post 3+ Months Ago

[quote="Nem"]Min. 1000mb space? Do you even use that much?[quote]

Most people will upgrade to plans with 1Gb of space, just because they're a few quid/bucks more expensive...they never use the space so it's simply oversold and the company make more money.

NOTE: Overselling is good! If most people don't use the space, but you do, it means it's cheaper for you!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts