Help uploading websight to Godaddy!

• mrground
  • Born
  • Born
  • mrground

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I purchased a godaddy account about a year ago, and was wanting to upload my pictures. I have the web sight (on my computer) like I would like it; however, I can't put it onto the server. The problem is, I can use gftp and transfer everything but I have 10 gig of pics and files and that would take 24 hours. Plus if it is interrupted I have to start all over again. What I would like is a program that would update only the files which have changed, (would remove files that have been removed). Which I could run for a few hours and stop and then run for a few more until everything is finished. I know rsync would be perfect but for some reason godaddy won't allow rsync. :-( I can use a program in either windows or Linux (fedora 8). So if anyone knows of a program I would be very happy. :-)

Kris
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

10 gig is a heck of a lot of images is your quota of space that big?

Have a look at the FAQS on daddy for how many you can upload at a time, its not just a matter of how many *you can upload rather how many files per upload like mine does:

Quote:
Space available for uploads: 1 GB

There is no way daddy will allow 10 gig at one go.

:mrgreen:
  • mrground
  • Born
  • Born
  • mrground

Post 3+ Months Ago

I payed $80 for 100 GB of space. But even if that is the case that I could only upload 1GB per day then I would need a program that would not just keep uploading the same 1 GB.
  • casablanca
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you tried FileZilla? On the features page, it says "Supports resume and transfer of large files >4GB" and the screenshot also shows a queue to which you can add files - this might help solve your problem.
  • tan_go
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

casablanca wrote:
Have you tried FileZilla? On the features page, it says "Supports resume and transfer of large files >4GB" and the screenshot also shows a queue to which you can add files - this might help solve your problem.

That might be really a helpful thing.
Have you tried it already?
  • mrground
  • Born
  • Born
  • mrground

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks like it is working. :-) Thanks a lot everyone. I'll tell you if I have more problems.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts