Help With Ecommerce Hosting and Shopping Cart

• gulfofmex
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I’m looking for a new company to use for an ecommerce hosting plan. Most of the ecommerce hosting sites that I have looked at use Angora or osCommerce for their shopping carts. From what I have seen they can do, I do not want to use those.

If my customer clicks on a category of products to go to, I want to have a page load with the products on it, I like having 10 product on a table, then some info, then another 10, and so on. I don’t want just a list of products that comes up, and that is how most of the ecommerce sites that I’ve looked at has come up.

The two sites that I am looking at are example.

http://www.nutritionexpress.com/ : I like how this site has it’s products in a nice table format, and also when you click on the products you want you go to .com/protein not .com/categories=3

http://www.coinsupplystore.com/ : I like how this site has some of it’s products, then a break, some text, and then some more items. Being this is my site, there is one this thing that I do not like about the shopping cart. The shopping cart I had did not allow for me to have the quantity field hooked up the price next to it, so I had to physically put the price in all of the places the price is listed, and paste all of the quantity fields, so that even when I update the price in my shopping cart, I have to go on each page and change the price.

Basically here is min things that I’m looking for that I can find in any other ecommerce hosting companies.

-Be able to build pages and put items on them with ease
-Have the product price update on each page when I update them in the shopping cart

Any help in this matter would be great, whether I need to get a separate shopping cart and hosting company, or there is good one that has both, please let me know, thanks for all of your help in advance
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• cometmall
  • Student
  • Student
  • cometmall

Post 3+ Months Ago

I dont really understand what are the problems with osCommerce, you are describing mostly design issues.

Our solution can deal with different design per category, but if you like to build every product page completly different it's problematic
  • charlesgan
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

gulfofmex wrote:
-Be able to build pages and put items on them with ease
-Have the product price update on each page when I update them in the shopping cart

that is depend on the shopping cart features.
any hosting provider with fantastico can offer you the same features.

for sample in hostgator/bluehost hosting that i using now, a few clicks can get the ecommerce shopping cart setup. and ready to input products.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts