Help with GoDaddy domain/hosting issue

• T
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Springfield, Mo

Post 3+ Months Ago

I need some serious help on a site. For a long time we owned a domain and used Wordpress on the site in a blog format with a custom theme.
Recently we accidently lost that domain name due to a billing issue. We purchased a new domain (basically the old one but with "the" at the beginning of it) and placed the files on the server with that url.
Now for some reason you can stil see the home page at the old url (it is now owned by a another GoDaddy customer but they are not using it), and you can see the site at the new url.
The old site is just the home page and the other pages do not work you get a 404. While on the new site the pages work but I cannot login to the admin. The database is the same db info but new server and login info.
GoDaddy tells me that either I am still calling the old url in a file (I checked thoroughly and the files are not) or the person stole our design (doubt since it is just the home page).

Any help solving this mystery will be greatly appreciated!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

are you talking about easyforms.com?
  • T
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

No it is neither one of those in my sig.
It is saucycontessa.com & thesaucycontessa.com
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you tried contacting the guy in Houston that owns the old version now?

Honestly I'm a little confused. Both of those domains were purchased 8-29-2004, and oddly both records were updated 10-14-2008 (How did you just purchase the new domain if it was established the same date as the old one?)

And for me, the old site works in it's entirety except for the store (all the links are working for me).

Your "new" version looks like you are having exactly the same problem I had when I tried to install WP on a Windows Server. I never could get it to run on Windows. It is not working if you just go to thesaucycontessa.com (you get a headers already sent error) It's sort of working if you add the www http://www.saucycontessa.com but it's missing the style.
  • T
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have just decided to move servers! I think a fresh install on a different server will clear up just about everything. Than I can put in my old posts and theme.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts