Host with excellent SPAM handling feature

• deirdre
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: New England Seacoast

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looking for shared hosting service that features an excellent SPAM facility for mail accounts.

Any well reviewed one(s) that boast superior SPAM handling along with the typical $20-$30 per month price range features (must include web based control panel) and US servers in EST zone?

TIA!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• OSGEN
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • OSGEN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Most web hosting providers do have spam protection with Spam Assassin being the most common. If you are looking for something more advanced than that, perhaps you might consider MxLogic. They provide spam filtering even before the email hits your server. Pretty good service but it comes at a price.
  • deirdre
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

No, my own domains are hosted by a company that uses Spam Assassin - I get better, effortless results (fewer false blocks and less work!) using Cloudmark's Safety Bar for my local client, Outlook.

This guy is willing to spend money for something superior to Spam Assassin, yes. This is the only reason I am not recommending the host I currently use, as they are otherwise fine.

I did get a PM with an attractive host to consider, but they had only in business since July 04, only registered their domain name for one year, used one of the most slimey, notorious registrars around for their own domain registration, and use Spam Assassin.

I will check out MxLogic, thanks!
  • SSH-Raj
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

i haven't had any problems with spam assassin. we were getting around 200 spam a day and now it's down to 10 or less.
  • deirdre
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

We tried settings ranging from 7/10 to 10/10 - they either blocked legitimate mail for the companies ( travel agency and Medical Practice), or let too much through (at the highest settings).

There was no way to add senders to a white list, which is what they really needed.

Perhaps for individuals or different types of companies it is more useful.
  • CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting
  • Loc: Wishing I was in Kicking Horse

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello Deirdre,

Try looking for an H-Sphere host that has implemented the complete suite of Anti-Virus/Anti-Spam tools - including clamav, RBL's, exiscan and spamassasin.

A diagramatic of how these tools work in order to effectively filter spam can be found on psofts site here:

http://www.psoft.net/HSdocumentation/sy ... ation.html

Most of these settings are fully configurable at the individual maildomain and mailbox level..

Hope this helps...
  • deirdre
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks Andrew, the Small Bus Unix package is looking very attractive!
  • CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Deirdre,

Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully we have something that meets your requirements.

However, if you're looking for something else, I still recommend an H-Sphere host for your Spam Protection requirements. Just make sure they have all possible modules activated.

Best of luck in your search...
  • deirdre
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Andrew,

I want to thank you again for catching my notice. The SPAM facility at your host is working just the way my customer wants. Best of all, I get a real person responding quickly to any questions ... one who actually reads what I write instead of sending me a stock email that never addresses the question or issue, unlike Intrerland.

I spent 6 frustrating hours trying to get Interland to even acknowledge that there was a problem. I gave up on them hosting my own domains years ago because of the same issue. They would play dumb, then quietly fix the issue after days and numerous emails and support tickets, trying to act like they never had any problem to fix on their end.

Again, thanks for your service. I have one happy customer, already!

Deirdre
  • CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Deirdre,

Thank you for the wonderful initial review. I do appreciate it. Here at cartikahosting we pride ourselves on our service - hopefully your satisfaction level will stay high. Feel free to contact me directly with any questions you may have. Additionally, your recommendations are appreciated. Based on your recommendation, we will be adding additional sales and technical documentation to our site around our Anti-Spam tools.

Thanks again for your feedback and your business..
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

great post. Was just looking for a H-Sphere host like that :-)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts