Hosting in different countries

• malprave
  • Student
  • Student
  • malprave

Post 3+ Months Ago

Would it be better if I find a host in another country if my target audience is international. Currently hosted in South Africa, but meant for people visiting South Africa (Cape Town.)

Those American hosting plans seem to be dirt cheap compared to ours...
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• guyhosting

Post 3+ Months Ago

malprave wrote:
Would it be better if I find a host in another country if my target audience is international. Currently hosted in South Africa, but meant for people visiting South Africa (Cape Town.)

This is one area where America is still top dog. Although most products made outside America are cheaper and depending on the country great quality, hosting is a different story.

Most tech manuals on anything that has to do with servers and hosting are in English, Although that has changed in resent years. America still has the most savy techs., and Webmasters that put together some great web/hosting situations.

For example I just bought some .com.mx names from Mexico and parked them on the registrar's site nic.mx with a simple html page. They worked fine as long as I used the www. with the Domain Names, with out the www. the Domain Names didn't work. That's a simple config setup in Apache.

Competition in America is fierce when it comes to hosting, so hosting companies are continually trying to offer cheaper and better service to compete.
  • Wurn
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Cape Town

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.hetzner.co.za/index.php?id=9&MP=6-349

Best hosting company here in South Africa and their service is excelent.

malprave wrote:

• gkors
  • Born
  • Born
  • gkors
  • Loc: LT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I that best is to buy hosting in that country where you plan to have your business with site you are going to host :)
  • gkors
  • Born
  • Born
  • gkors
  • Loc: LT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I that best is to buy hosting in that country where you plan to have your business with site you are going to host :)

http://www.giedriusk.com
  • Cold Canuck
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Michigan, U.S. of eh

Post 3+ Months Ago

It IS always a smart decision to go with a host in the same country as your own.

Legal issues between combatants in different countries would be messy and/or complicated.

Differences in how the subject of liability, fraud and issues of commercial abandonment are viewed by the court system are likely to be quite different, so it's best to not only pick a home-grown host, but do some research as a form of self defense.

Cheers, eh...

C.C.
  • lajocar
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good advice.

Hosting in your own country is best
  • butternyk
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • butternyk

Post 3+ Months Ago

but we deont have quality hosts in india. uk hosting is costlier so most of the times people here look for usa. so its a great place to find some good ones. thanxs
  • blackbox

Post 3+ Months Ago

Location is up to you, both will work but its best to choose a location closest to your main target audience/visitors.

Some tips:
-Do not be fooled by a very low and attractive monthly price. Usually catch is that you must prepay 3, 6, and sometimes 1 year in advance.

-Unlimited Bandwidth, :) story for children. Its pure overselling. If some one actually start to use a large amount of bandwidth they will simply tell that your sites are either "killing the server" or give another excuse as why they cannot host them.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts