Hosting for a video hosting site and reselling domains!

• irishmoe
  • Born
  • Born
  • irishmoe

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright folks, I'm what I think they call a noob! I have been going through the others threads for this info but as the mod has told people to pm their recommendations to other threads I can't really find the info I want.

As far as website stuff goes my experience is limited to free blogs and groups but I really want to learn more.
I have been thinking about opening a video hosting site for quite some time now and I think it's about time I actually did something about it. So here I am. I have no idea what I need or who I need to sign up with.
I currently live in Taiwan but my site would be aimed at the international market.

I want to provide this site for free so I don't want to have to pay too much in monthly hosting charges but $10+ is no problem. I want the site to be along the lines of a youtube type service where all videos are public

I also want to buy some domain names with a view to selling them on at a later stage. I haven't seen much information on the domain reg sites about this so has anyone any tips?

Sorry if I sound like a complete idiot but .... I am so there it is!

Moe
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• irishmoe
  • Born
  • Born
  • irishmoe

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow not one reply! Must be a very dumb question!
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You are most likely going to want to check into dedicated hosting. If you are serious about video hosting your bandwidth will be through the roof and your file sizes will be rather large.

You might also check into good advertisers at the same time if you are planning to offer this for free. In the end you'll go broke paying for it if you don't.
  • irishmoe
  • Born
  • Born
  • irishmoe

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cheers Atno
  • john551
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • john551

Post 3+ Months Ago

You host your videos's on youtube and embed them on your website. Thatway, you could avoid the huge requirements of space and bandwidth demanded by video hosting sites.

You can get hosting from hostgator which is one of the best!
  • john5269
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • john5269

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK!

If you want to be as big as youtube then you are looking at paying around $1 or more per month for web hosting plus you will have to pay for all the legal fees that may arise for people uploading copyright infringement videos to your site.

The thing that you got to consider is what are you going to get out of it and will it make you a profit.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts