Hosting multiple domains

• adder
  • Born
  • Born
  • adder
  • Loc: London, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

What is your favourite multiple (not unlimited) domain hosting company? I am going to set up some new web-sites and I think that multiple hosting accounts are more cost effective.
ipower.com allows to host 6 domain names for 7.95/mo, ixwebhosting.com gives 2 domains for 6.99/mo
Have you heard about these companies? Are they reliable enough?

I would appreciate any opinion!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Before investing your hard-earned time and money into any web host, check sites like WHT. There are other, similar sites, but that's the one with which I'm most familiar, having used it for years.
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good advice. Just be sure to remain objective in your reading and remember people tend to post negative comments and not positive. Also no news about a host should not be considered a bad thing. Especially if the host particpates in the forum.

justG wrote:
Before investing your hard-earned time and money into any web host, check sites like WHT. There are other, similar sites, but that's the one with which I'm most familiar, having used it for years.
  • JodoHost
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

adder wrote:
What is your favourite multiple (not unlimited) domain hosting company? I am going to set up some new web-sites and I think that multiple hosting accounts are more cost effective.
ipower.com allows to host 6 domain names for 7.95/mo, ixwebhosting.com gives 2 domains for 6.99/mo
Have you heard about these companies? Are they reliable enough?

I would appreciate any opinion!

We also suggest you to review the host first at WHT and also suggest you to try the host first before making actual investment. Most of the good host offer "Trial Period" or "Money Back Guarantee".
  • xfahmix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Cork, Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've been using Hostgator (http://www.hostgator.com) for two years and from my web monitor report, there is only once downtime occured for 3 mins in 2 years. :) They also provide unlimited domain hosting but their space & bandwidth is slighly less compared to bluehost.

Globat does mention you can host up to 5 domain names... this is not true as you have to pay to use other domain names in the same account and this is only applicable for their T03 package. Their hosting service is bad lately (too much downtime & crappy customer service) so try to avoid them at all cost.
  • xfahmix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Cork, Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

btw. don't forget to search for free coupons when you try any of the service :D
and .. please note that not ALL web hosting review is reliable as some of them is for affiliate marketing purposes (of course the most recommended hosting will the one with most commision )

Try to google up for the hosting name with bad description (such as globat suxx etc ) as bad hosting usually have many bad reviews. :D
  • funlounge
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • funlounge

Post 3+ Months Ago

INMHO
Dreamhost will host you unlimited domains for 7.95
the bandwidth and diskspace are huge : 1 Terbayte and grows everyweek

Check them out dreamhost.com

I searched around before usign them and found they're one of the best deals around

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts