YR Hosting

• underpressure
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does anyone have anything negative to say about YR Hosting (http://www.yrhosting.com)?

also, I’ve tried finding comments about this hosting company with Google but nothing, all I could was a not too bright rating for there sister company Name Crave

Can anyone recommend a host that can give around 5 gig space and 50 gig bandwidth per month and capable of hosting about 5 domains on the space for $60.00 per year?
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

$60 per year? I'm sorry but i seem to think that is way too cheap for such a high spec.

It also depends on the hosting you are after. Have you thought about purchasing a VPS for your high bandwidth websites?

I would say getting a VPS is recommended just incase. You may find some 'unlimited bandwidth' hosts, which are not recommended in my honest opinion. {this is my opinion}

5GB space - 50GB Bandwidth = $60? Too cheap..... THATS $5 PER MONTH!
  • underpressure
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

actually my current host is Ace Hosting and I get 5 gig space and 60 gig bandwidth for $60.00 and YR Hosting will give me what I want for $65.00 but even though I found a few people saying they like the service they get from this company I can't find anything about them over the net.

I think perhaps you misunderstood me or I didn't make myself clear.

I would like 5gig space and 50 gig monthly bandwidth which can be divided to host domains for $60.00 OR ANYTHING SIMILAR.

these are not high bandwidth sites nor do they take up allot of space but when you split it evenly it's 1 gig space and 10 gig bandwidth per site and since I cannot foresee the future level of activity of these sites I think having these type of specs will be me some flexibility.

The 2 main things I need from a host right now is low cost hosting for several sites with enough space and bandwidth so I don't have to upgrade my hosting for awhile and a company that can give me some assurance they will be in-service for a few years to come. If I can get this for under & $100.00 and they take money order they'll get my business immediately
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem

Post 3+ Months Ago

A reseller hosting package basically. Correct? Or am i getting it wrong.

Sorry i am misunderstanding.
  • underpressure
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

well perhaps a reseller could work but the hosting is for my own use.
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem

Post 3+ Months Ago

underpressure wrote:

these are not high bandwidth sites nor do they take up allot of space but when you split it evenly it's 1 gig space and 10 gig bandwidth per site

Damn, 1gb space per site. I take it they are video streaming websites or something? Well i am part of a hosting service that might be able to help.

But not too sure about advertisement regulations etc on this forum.
  • underpressure
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well in my first post I asked if anyone can recommend a site too me than can fit my needs. If you think you can or have a package that I might find acceptable then please post the link.

well they are not streaming sites and I might even be willing to take half the specs but certainly for less than $60.00 since they are a few companies that offer this but like I said being able to split the space and bandwidth to host a few sites and a host that can offer some sort of assurance they will be in business for a few years is what I am looking for.
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem

Post 3+ Months Ago

Could i add you on msn messenger?
  • underpressure
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes
  • underpressure
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anyone else got a recommendation?
  • Fitness4Living
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Belfast, Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

ive been with IX with a few months now and have had a good experience so far. I dont know about their highest specs, you;ll have to check them out
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

So we don't end up with a topic full of spamming hosting packages, I suggest people from now on PM their ideas on hosting companies directly to underpressure

Thanks!
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm wondering why you need a new host when your current host is providing you this server for the price you want??
  • underpressure
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Uncensored-Hosting wrote:
I'm wondering why you need a new host when your current host is providing you this server for the price you want??

becuase they want $2.00 per month to split the account to host more than one website. since i estimate i will need to host 4 to 6 small websites thats would be more than twice the cost of the hosting itself.
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem

Post 3+ Months Ago

hm... Oh well, my offer still stands to help you find a reasonable host to suit your needs. Just let me know when....
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you should consider yourself extremely lucky to find anyone willing to offer you that much diskspace & transfer for 60.00year. Especially if it stays up 90% or more per month. In fact you should also consider their offer was a loss leader and that they hoped to upsell you (oh well) on other services when they made you that special deal.

underpressure wrote:

becuase they want $2.00 per month to split the account to host more than one website. since i estimate i will need to host 4 to 6 small websites thats would be more than twice the cost of the hosting itself.
  • underpressure
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

In fact you should also consider their offer was a loss leader and that they hoped to upsell you (oh well) on other services when they made you that special deal.

I do not understand what you mean. can you please explain in greater detail?
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

The plan you are on is below fair market value. An intelligent host would only make such offers to attract new business that will eventually need to upgrade, appreciate quality and remain a loyal customer. Hosts engaged in overselling will also make such offers. However these hosts are generally without a clue and give away the store with these offers. They tend to compete on price alone and have no real value to offer their customers.

Since you need/want other services and are seeking a new host one could surmise that your host falls into the former category and had hoped to upsell you at a later date as your needs grew. Unfortunately the downside to this business model are that a customer may never appreciate the quality of the service they receive. These customers continue to shop on price and take quality for granted until they end up on a host that falls into the second category. Then they begin to appreciate quality service.

underpressure wrote:
In fact you should also consider their offer was a loss leader and that they hoped to upsell you (oh well) on other services when they made you that special deal.

I do not understand what you mean. can you please explain in greater detail?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts