is it my hosting or my website?

• malaka56
  • Born
  • Born
  • malaka56

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi all, the company i work for has a website (http://www.twotonesolutions.com), and it is REALLY slow. when the images load you can even see them raster. however, i dont know if its due to the hosting plan or the optimization of the site. i already checked the speeds from the plan, and they seem to fast enough for normal download (500K/s upto 5000K/s or so, plenty for the average web surfer), so maybe the reason the page loads so slowly is the images on the front page arent optimized properly, or there are too many of them? any suggestions would be useful, thanks a lot!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

the site loads very slow, most likely due to an overloaded, overcrowded server. Once it loads, it looks nice though.

:thumbsup:
  • malaka56
  • Born
  • Born
  • malaka56

Post 3+ Months Ago

i don't know, because whenever i check the speeds for downloading the page they seem fast enough, so i don't think its my server. it could have something to do with the image optimization i suppose.

any suggestions?

it is hosted on a godaddy hosting account if that helps...
  • CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting
  • Loc: Wishing I was in Kicking Horse

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello malaka (lol - love that name)..

Anyway - that aside - your site does load really slow - and your images are a little larger then they should be - particularly your header - but, there arent nearly large enough to justify this sort of performance...

Quote:
most likely due to an overloaded, overcrowded server.

Quote:
it is hosted on a godaddy hosting account if that helps...

I would have to agree here - looks like their servers are overloaded - at least the server(s) you are hosted on.

Should be no surprise really - even godaddy isnt exempt from the pitfalls of overselling - and based on their plans - they are overselling by a fair amount - even with their economies of scale...
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

If godaddy is your host and you are running any type of optimization then this is most likely your problem. Godaddy and Yahoo hosting are best suited to simple static websites ... not the sophisticated website/webmaster.
  • malaka56
  • Born
  • Born
  • malaka56

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm, interesting. i don't think i would really qualify as a sophisticate (insert job here), more like a dude who was told to make the website run faster and i just have to figure it out. :)

thanks for the replies though!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts