hosts

• Legous
  • Born
  • Born
  • Legous

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey guys

im gonna be creating a website for my local archery club and i was wondering if the host has anything to do with allowing things like member databases and member areas etc...

am fairly new to this so thought i better ask before i go ahead with creation of the site and register with a host
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Clearly you want to choose a host that offers a database technology you are familiar with or at least offers some web-based interface to.

As for member areas, you should be able to control that using a wide array of authentication/access control techniques, from the simple (such as htaccess and htpasswd) to something more robust (digest, mod_auth, etc.).
  • Legous
  • Born
  • Born
  • Legous

Post 3+ Months Ago

sweet now i got a gd idea am looking for thank you
  • harrysmith
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • harrysmith
  • Loc: Leeds

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, all webhosting service provider will let you host your databases. If you have MSSQL/Access database then you need to consider Windows hosting else linux will serve your hosting needs.
Do check if there's any limit on number of databases and it's size before you pay for hosting.
  • immortality
  • immortality

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have a look at the hosting reviews, coz it is very important. Once, I bought a hosting package which was advertised almost everywhere. It was dissappointing and before to buy a hosting, I'm going through hosting reviews.
  • Steve-Hostirian
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: St. Louis MO 63146

Post 3+ Months Ago

Legous wrote:
hey guys

im gonna be creating a website for my local archery club and i was wondering if the host has anything to do with allowing things like member databases and member areas etc...

am fairly new to this so thought i better ask before i go ahead with creation of the site and register with a host

Curious if you ever got your site online and what provider you selected (and why?). :D
  • Tonzilit
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

What budget do you have, the OP?
  • franticuser
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • franticuser

Post 3+ Months Ago

Think the OP has found what he needed.

Post Information