How to control your site’s visitors

• Sabryan
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Sabryan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think it’s quite important for every site owner to be aware of its visitors. What monitoring solutions do you use for understanding who is coming to your website and what they are doing while they are there?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• sequencehosting
  • sequencehosting

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello I advise using both Google Analytics and AWstats as they both show different types of results.

Jack
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use Google analytics as far as knowing what my visitors are doing is concerned. It tells me everything I need to know about them.

In addition to that, I go through my raw log files once a month with some commandline tools and common sense looking for odd patterns that could signify baddies.

I glance at the awstats/webalizer/etc reports included with my hosting occasionally, but I never really depend on them for much other than a quick reference to which files are eating bandwidth and stuff of that nature.
  • casius
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would recommend two combined trackings. Google Analytics and Woopra. Google analytics would be helpful to examinate your traffic summary and with woopra you will be able to track visitors live and where they stuck in your website.

Another bit about woopra that you have 30000 page views a month for free, additional 100K will cost you $4 or something. But still it's really helpful tool.

You can consider and Piwik that is open source product which is (as they say) analogue of google analytics. But as I tried it it is no way the alaogue (thousands of features are missing comparing to g analytics)
  • Gofigure
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Gofigure

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
I use Google analytics as far as knowing what my visitors are doing is concerned. It tells me everything I need to know about them.

In addition to that, I go through my raw log files once a month with some commandline tools and common sense looking for odd patterns that could signify baddies.

I glance at the awstats/webalizer/etc reports included with my hosting occasionally, but I never really depend on them for much other than a quick reference to which files are eating bandwidth and stuff of that nature.

Could not have said it better myself google analytics is the one i most frequently use to view who is doing what i need some commandline tools to scan for patterns as i dont check often enough.
  • harrysmith
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • harrysmith
  • Loc: Leeds

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, even my vote goes for Google Analytics. It's best tool i have used to monitor website activity also AWstats is another reliable and most widely used traffic analysis program which comes with cPanel.
  • navidimran
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • navidimran

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try Google Analytics, it's going to offer you a clear view of the visitor's making visits to your website.Woopra can be an alternative to it though.
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

We use Coremetrics, which is more of a provided solution, than an in-house tool.
  • C0ldf1re

Post 3+ Months Ago

How disappointing! The thread title said how to "control" your visitors! Just what I wanted.

Google Analytics does all my small site needs.

"It's always a long day, 86,400 won't fit into a short." - being new to this forum, that's the first time I've seen the sig. Glad to see a proper programmer here!
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hah, well at one time in my life -- been a long time since I coded anything of value.
  • C0ldf1re

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmmm... I just got email notification of a new reply on this thread. But there isn't, What happened?
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

There was a reply posted to the thread that got deleted.
  • cesaro
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: DNSEURO.COM

Post 3+ Months Ago

I didnot try Amung, anyone tried it already? How about's the difference between Amung and Google Analytics?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts