how to establish a domain registration service

• Santa
  • Born
  • Born
  • Santa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just baught a reseller hosting account but dont have a clue how i can allow visitors to get domain names if they dont have them before ordering a hosting package. Can anyone tell me how I can go about this? Also Ive heard of transparency programs that will allow me to do this through other domain sellers but as far as ive checked I havent found anything worth going for. Any suggestions anyone?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• WHT.co.za
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • WHT.co.za
  • Loc: SA

Post 3+ Months Ago

no clue
  • CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting
  • Loc: Wishing I was in Kicking Horse

Post 3+ Months Ago

there are several methods for accomplishing this:

- most registrars have an API which allows you to plug into their registrar services from your website...
- depending on what control panel you are using for your hosting service, there should be a module available to integrate registrar services with your control panel directly.

Hope this helps...
  • WHT.co.za
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • WHT.co.za
  • Loc: SA

Post 3+ Months Ago

WHM Autopilot has excellent integration with enom.
  • Ganceann
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Ganceann

Post 3+ Months Ago

A word of advice...

if you are going to resell domain names then make sure the company you are registering the domain names with is an ICANN registered company ( otherwise there would be another company making something and therefore cost would be higher).

Ideal situation would be ICANN - Your company ( although to get ICANN registered there are fees and payments to be made so most companies who offer hosting services either do not offer domain registrations, but off suggested places to register where you get full doman name control) or they integrate domain name registration with them registering on your behalf ( like you would be doing).

So the situation would be ICANN - ICANN Registered company - Your company.

Make sure you dont get the service via someone else as it would be - ICANN, ICANN Registered company - Your Domain Registration Service - Your company.
  • surgematrix
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Signup for an enom reseller account. You can buy domain from them for as low as $6.95 and mark that up. WHM autopilot, DRAM, Clientexec are all good scripts you can use on your website to sell domain.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts