How to pay for a VPS?

• different
  • Born
  • Born
  • different

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I honestly know next to nothing about website hosting..But me and this other guy would like to make a website that I believe needs a vps or a dedicated server. He's a great programmer, and I also hope to learn a bit from this. Problem is I don't know how we would pay for it. Is there some sort of add based thing that could pay for it? or would I just have to try and get a job irl?

Also I would like to make sure it would require a VPS. It will be a website that constantly gathers statistical information from other websites and organizes it in a certain way.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

A job would be nice. You won't be able to find people to advertise on your web page at the beginning.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

To start out you guys could probably use shared hosting to serve static HTML files that you compile and gather information for using your home computers.

No matter what you guys go with in the beginning, you going to need at least a little money to start with unless you want to sell your soul to pay the domain registration/hosting fees.

From the sounds of this, you're probably going to want to charge people for access to this organized data to pay for hosting/your-time.
  • DanKo
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don2007 wrote:
A job would be nice. You won't be able to find people to advertise on your web page at the beginning.

Think he has to pay them for that.
  • rantized
  • rantized

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why not let your programmer do a few small jobs on the side to pay for the VPS?
  • Robin007
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Since VPS has had much better uptime, is much faster, and gives you much more freedom, since you can install any panel you want, I am sure that VPS hosting for example from webintellects.com would be nice choice. Contact its sales representative and he will explain you what you need.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts