how to register Name Server ?

• dreams
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: New Delhi

Post 3+ Months Ago

i need to register name server to start my web hosting packages to sell.

i signed up with new hosting company they provided me two ip address and teo dns

ns1.dreamszsop.com
ns2.dreamszsop.com

and the respective IP address now they are saying me that

"You will need to register the nameservers with your current registrar for dreamszsop.com before they can be used to host domains under. Your registrar should have an interface for doing so, you may check with them for the exact procedures."

i checked the registrar, i can buy Managed DSN. Is this Managed DSN is what he is saying me to buy ?
  • Jerrek
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Melbourne, AUS

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there,
Managed DNS is probably not what he's suggesting you do.

He is telling you that you need to setup 'glue records' for your domain because the nameservers names are within the same domain as the one you're wishing to service so you end up in a nice big circle.

It's kind of awkward to explain but you'd be best off asking the support guys from whoever you actually registered the domain to help as each one has different procedures for doing it.
  • rDolay
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • rDolay

Post 3+ Months Ago

Login to your dreamszsop.com domain registerar admin(domain management panel)
It usually called as "Register Nameservers" but i know Indians call it as "Manage Child Nameservers" :)
Look for those terms links and enter then add child nameservers as:
ns1 =fisrt ip
ns2=second ip
and for the last wait at least 24 hours.
  • thecodman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: CT, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

[quote="dreams"]i"You will need to register the nameservers with your current registrar for dreamszsop.com before they can be used to host domains under. Your registrar should have an interface for doing so, you may check with them for the exact procedures."
quote]

That is correct. Most domain registrars offer the option for you to add nameservers to it. If yours does not then you may need to switch registers and transfer your domain over. I know that namecheap.com does offer it.
  • OSGEN
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • OSGEN

Post 3+ Months Ago

thecodman wrote:
dreams wrote:
i"You will need to register the nameservers with your current registrar for dreamszsop.com before they can be used to host domains under. Your registrar should have an interface for doing so, you may check with them for the exact procedures."
quote]

That is correct. Most domain registrars offer the option for you to add nameservers to it. If yours does not then you may need to switch registers and transfer your domain over. I know that namecheap.com does offer it.

Many registrar's offer the ability to register nameservers. If it is not in the control panel interface, email them. Your registrar may have to do it manually.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts