How to restore from a CPanel backup?

• quantumcloud
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Dhaka, Bangladesh

Post 3+ Months Ago

WHM 9.7.2 cPanel 9.7.7-R15 . Need to restore from backup with all hosting accounts information intact with their files and database. Have all the root access and everything. Any clue?

//It's on a linux machine(just incase you need the info)
  • mindcry
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mindcry

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are you trying to restore from WHM or from cpanel? It sounds like you are trying to restore from WHM. In WHM go the the backup tab then Restore a Full Backup/cpmove File. If you want to do it from cpanel then go to Site Management then Backup.
  • harryhood
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • harryhood

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you want to restore a site from a cpanel backup, with the associated databases email addresses, etc.., you need to have a "Full" backup from cpanel and restore that backup using the restore a ' Full Backup/cpmove File' in WHM.

If you restore a "home" backup from within cpanel you will not get the mysql databases, email addresses, mailing lists, subdomains, and addon domains.

If the account you want to restore is located on another server you can also use the transfer feature. Which basically creates a full backup, transfers the backup to new server and performs a restore.
  • quantumcloud
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Dhaka, Bangladesh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you guys. I am looking into these. I will be back, if I can't figure it out yet.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts