how the heck do I use ZoneEdit??

• wirercx
  • wirercx

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well i am trying to use zone edit so that whenever I go to my purchased domain name, it goes to the computer on my network. but so far I have not been able to do that.

I have set the name server. i have added the zone. and I have done the ip addresses in the zonedit editor. Now I don't know what else I need to do.

Thanks,
Wirercx
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just use dyndns.com for what you need to do.
  • benoitb
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Washington, DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

dyndns.com Or no-ip.org

Use zone edit to open the proper ports.
  • smikel
  • Born
  • Born
  • smikel

Post 3+ Months Ago

I used this company's "free" service to handle DNS on a few of my domains over five years ago. I must have deleted a long standing mail filter or something because recently I've realized that they are STILL sending me bill collection notices claiming I owe them money.

Note: the only reason they can't get money out of me is because I NEVER GAVE THEM MY CC NUMBER. Why? Because I signed up for the FREE service and they NEVER ASKED FOR IT. Instead they seem intent on annoying me into paying them. It's extortion by SPAM.

I tried calling them to sort the issue out at the phone number on their website only to be shuffled immediately to voicemail. Given these tactics who knows what other ways they are making money off me. Maybe this is how my email got signed up to so many SPAM lists to begin with?

Think twice before dealing with ZoneEdit. I thought they were a decent company (their DNS service wasn't bad) until I had to deal with their money-making tactics.
  • preetnavsingh
  • Born
  • Born
  • preetnavsingh
  • Loc: Brisbane

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can anyone suggest me a good windows hosting provider ...
My website host doesnt support my asp.net email scripts they ask me to use Dundas for security reasons ..

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts