iicinternet.com anyone try them?

• Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

this company has out of this world rates. so i signed up for a virtual account with 600MB storage and 300 GB of transfer.. for only 15.95 a month!! almost sounds too good to be true? well i signed up on monday 1/13/02 at around 6 pm, it sates on their website that orders placed after 2pm will be done the following business day, so im like thats fine whatever... well here we are come wednesday and i havent heard so much as a peep from this company they didnt even send me a thanks for your order email or anything! i have sent them two emails tuesday and no answer. im begining to wonder what the deal is here. maybe they are just really back logged with such low prices, but this isnt the first impression i was hoping for.

has anyone here used them and had a good or bad experience with them?

UNFLUX someone said you tried to use them unsuccessfully, can you post here as to what happened?

thanks..
  • Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.iicinternet.com/web_hosting_services.php
  • Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok i called them today.. ( i shouldnt have had to call them they should have called me) but anyway they said i was missing a number off my credit card that i had submitted. so i said ok so why didnt anyone contact me? and he was like well we just sent you an email a few minutes ago. and i said im sitting here right now looking at my email and it isnt here. so when he confirmed it to me he goes, oh my fault i left out the @ sign in the email so it bounced back. meanwhile im thinking, anyemail client in the world wont even let you submit an email with out the @ sign. it will give you an instant error before it can even be sent. so anyway he then said ok i have the correct credit carfd number now, ill have your account set up within a few minutes..blah blAH blah blah... just a bunch of *plum* excuses if you ask me. but im going to go ahead and use them anyway for this particular site because they have good prices and accept adult sites....
  • Jimmie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Ft Worth TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
but im going to go ahead and use them anyway for this particular site because they have good prices and accept adult sites....

OOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh how many times we have heard these words, right guys :shock:

Please, dont come here complaining if there services suck...lol

*please dont take this post serious, or it may be offending*

:roll:
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

pretty much the same thing. I signed up at 11am PST and waited and waited. I
actually called their office and spoke to a guy who said to me that he'd get on it
right away and 30 min tops, it would be ready. NOTHING.

*peach* THEM is all I gotta say.

If they charge my card, I'll be damn sure to let my bank know about it and have
them shut down. SInce they're bases out of the US, the better biz bureau would
love to hear from us, since they are clearly false advertising.

Although, some people and some things in life aren't worth the time or the worry.

oh well :roll:

/unflux
  • Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

well i called them the next day and got ahold of a guy and all is up and running now... so we will see how it turns out i guess... im going to be using it for http://www.sexytopless.com it will be a while before i have it up and running though since im doing it in my spare time when im off work...
  • DMAN
  • DMAN
  • Loc: United States

Post 3+ Months Ago

Those are ok prices, there is better tho with better service lol. Sounds like these guys might be a bit slack sometimes.
  • penguino
  • Born
  • Born
  • penguino

Post 3+ Months Ago

in my opinion: DO NOT GET SERVICE FROM THIS COMPANY!! I had a website with this service for a long time, because of their low prices. I had several outages, and every time I emailed support I would receive no response for several weeks. Four months ago, I was without email service for 4 weeks. I finally canceled my account after trying to contact them every 3 or 4 days with no response. My account was canceled and I am still getting billed every month. they refuse to refund me, even though my website is not there anymore.

Their emails are EXTREMELY unprofessiona, when asked why they didn't respond they said this:

"Your account has been canceld, however based on the terms of our
agreement no credit is issued and we do not prorate services for any
reason. The reason you did not get mail form us about the problem was
that we had to fix the problem and if we were to reply to the thousands
of email that we got about the problem we would never have had time to
fix the problem, try calling your electic company the next time the have
a big outage customers out of service and get a time that it will be
fixed and see what you get"

Notice the misspelled words, and rudeness!!!!!!
STAY AWAY!!!

-alex
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

OMG, that is horrible. Talking about excuses and rudeness. Their problems shouldn't be your problems. If they cannot provide the service you shouldn't have to pay.
  • penguino
  • Born
  • Born
  • penguino

Post 3+ Months Ago

Exactly! I was upset, but when they canceled my account and keep charging every month, now THAT'S just plain wrong.

I'll let you know how it goes :-)

alex
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would charge them back then, they have no right to bill you, especially after you cancelled with them.
  • penguino
  • Born
  • Born
  • penguino

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wrote asking for a refund.. and they haven't written back. I guess I'll have to print all of my emails out, and submit it to my credit card company to dispute. I hate doing that!!!!

alex
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

if you have the proof of the cancellation and the further charges, they
have to give it back to you. Your CC company should help you in this.
  • fatfatfat
  • Born
  • Born
  • fatfatfat

Post 3+ Months Ago

I try them unsuccessfully too!
I apply for the Virtual Hosting last week,but they haven't give me any about my hosting,I have send many email to them,but didn't have any reply,any one can help me???I am Taiwanese,I am poor english...
anyone can help me??
  • Carnix
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
$15.95 a month
600MB storage and 300 GB

Thats a little over $190/year

mm.. for less than that ($12.50/mo), you get 10GB storage, and 150GB/month transfer, 10 seperate domains (unmetered subs), unmetered mail (and all that stuff), 100 mailing lists, unmetered mySQL databases, CPanel, many add-on scripts, crontab and fantastic...

In fact, for $50 a year ($4.16/mo) you get 2GB storage and 30GB transfer, unmetered mySQL, 2 domains, unlimited subs, all the e-mails stuff all the scripts and fantastico... (the two plans that are less than this have more restrictions... but their cheapest one is only 83 CENTS per month... heh)

Plus... the support it pretty good.

.c
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

this post is a year and half old, and no one was happy with their services.
what was the point of dragging this up?
  • fatfatfat
  • Born
  • Born
  • fatfatfat

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know how can I cancel the account...they don't answer my email....
  • virtualwebc
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think that that offer would be concidered in the to good to be true class. I would if you didn't allready have a host depending on the site do it for $24.99 with out even blinking an eye.
We own our own servers. I'll give it away to you just to make some new friends in this forum to try to help out.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

locked to avoid any more confusion on this ancient topic

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 19 posts