installing on a server

• games_master
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • games_master

Post 3+ Months Ago

How can you install things on a dedicated server? what program do you use, and if you know one could you please tell me the link too?

Thanks all.

Oliver
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• this213
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: ./

Post 3+ Months Ago

What kind of dedicated server? Mail, web, nntp? Who's is it? What operating system and how is it configured? What protocols are allowed into the server? Do you have console access to it? And finally, just what are you trying to install?

To give an equally non-descriptive answer to your extremely broad question: You install things on your server by following the installation directions for each thing you want to install.

Try being more specific, like: "How do I configure Apache on my RHL 9 Server to do such and such?"
  • rDolay
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • rDolay

Post 3+ Months Ago

I understand what you are asking, you dont know SHH and have no knowledge how it will be used...
To install software to a dedicated server you have shh it and you have to learn what is RPM and how it used also you have to lear how .tar and .tar.gz zipped file opned via server side also you have to learn how to get files server to server by "wget url" in the command line via shh ...
Ofcourse all of them for Unix Based Applications , so you have to start from http://www.linuxquestions.org/, i think its the one of the best step to the linux .

If you are asking about a windows server never mind me :roll:
  • darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Riverdale, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

if it is a windows server, it's rediculously simple. You just use remote desktop usually and use it like you would use a home computer.
  • virtualwebc
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

what operating system are they using on your dedicated server?
  • cyberax
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would suggest all newbies venturing into Hosting Business with a dedicated server to go for a Managed Hosting.

Or you can take the server from any of the datacenters like venturesonline.com, ev1servers.net, theplanet.com and hire a professional company offering Server Management Services and also take cares of the client support issues. And they can really work on low margins like $200 - $300 per month.

Regards,
Vijay Bhatter
http://www.cyberax.net

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts