I'm interesting this hosting package, need comments.

• Sxperm
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Sxperm

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there, I'm interesting to host my 10 sites with this hosting Have some of you use this hosting package before? Please give me some comments or if you've better host to recommend please share it to me.

Regards,
Sxperm
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• kids
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • kids

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wao, it look great!
Is it yours?
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

I suggest you do the math as it will make your decision much easier. Assume the average cost on a decent unmanaged server with 1000GB monthly traffic is $150.00. Tack on another $100.00/month for overhead and another $100.00 minimal profit margin and you end up with a minimum $350/month the host is looking to make on their server. If a company regularly sells 1GB/25GB for $7.00/mo how many clients/plans will they need to sell to reach their minimum goals? Let's see $350.00/7.00 = 50. Now let's see how much bandwidth was allocated with those fifty (50) plans ... 50 x 25GB =1250GB. This means the host must oversell the box in order to clear a minimum Return On Investement (ROI).

However this is a very mild example of overselling and not likely to adversely affect the average customer. Customers tend to experience the ill effects of crowding when the overselling is more on the scale of 15GB/1000GB for $7.99/mo. God forbid all those customers decide to use their allocated diskspace/bandwidth in one month. Will the host eat the error of their ways and incur the additional costs of bandwidth or will they send sites using the most resources packing? The later is usually the scenario. These hosts often employ strict resource limitations designed to ensure customers do not use anywhere near what was promised them. Adult hosts generally do not have the option of overselling as more often than not their customers will use their monthly bandwidth and diskspace allotments.

Look at your host as your home since that is exactly what it will be to your domain/website. When you buy a home you survey the land, foundation, structure, taxes, as well as price. When you buy a distressed property for little or nothing you expect to pay more in the end to fix her up. When you spend premium prices you expect everything to be right when you get the keyes. Quality hosting should cost you between $0.25/GB - $0.75/GB. Anything less than that is likely to offer substandard service, support, hardware and/or networks.

Does this make sense? If not then read this.
  • Sxperm
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Sxperm

Post 3+ Months Ago

kids wrote:
Wao, it look great!
Is it yours?

Hehe, that's not mine. I've only my 2 real estate sites :lol: and I'll expand my sites to 10 sites within this year so I've to find some good hosting for me. I saw this package on ads in http://www.hostsearch.com and seems intersting to me. Ohhh I forgot something, I sould applied for their affiliate and post affiliate link in this thread. :lol: (just kidding)
  • Sxperm
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Sxperm

Post 3+ Months Ago

Uncensored-Hosting wrote:
I suggest you do the math as it will make your decision much easier. Assume the average cost on a decent unmanaged server with 1000GB monthly traffic is $150.00. Tack on another $100.00/month for overhead and another $100.00 minimal profit margin and you end up with a minimum $350/month the host is looking to make on their server. If a company regularly sells 1GB/25GB for $7.00/mo how many clients/plans will they need to sell to reach their minimum goals? Let's see $350.00/7.00 = 50. Now let's see how much bandwidth was allocated with those fifty (50) plans ... 50 x 25GB =1250GB. This means the host must oversell the box in order to clear a minimum Return On Investement (ROI).

However this is a very mild example of overselling and not likely to adversely affect the average customer. Customers tend to experience the ill effects of crowding when the overselling is more on the scale of 15GB/1000GB for $7.99/mo. God forbid all those customers decide to use their allocated diskspace/bandwidth in one month. Will the host eat the error of their ways and incur the additional costs of bandwidth or will they send sites using the most resources packing? The later is usually the scenario. These hosts often employ strict resource limitations designed to ensure customers do not use anywhere near what was promised them. Adult hosts generally do not have the option of overselling as more often than not their customers will use their monthly bandwidth and diskspace allotments.

Look at your host as your home since that is exactly what it will be to your domain/website. When you buy a home you survey the land, foundation, structure, taxes, as well as price. When you buy a distressed property for little or nothing you expect to pay more in the end to fix her up. When you spend premium prices you expect everything to be right when you get the keyes. Quality hosting should cost you between $0.25/GB - $0.75/GB. Anything less than that is likely to offer substandard service, support, hardware and/or networks.

Does this make sense? If not then read this.

Thanks for your replied. You made me clear and give me something that I never thought about that.
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

My pleasure.

Sxperm wrote:
Thanks for your replied. You made me clear and give me something that I never thought about that.
  • webmasterprogrammer
  • Born
  • Born
  • webmasterprogrammer

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sxperm,

I agree with Uncensored-Hosting completely that that host that you are looking at could well be overselling - in because of that, you'll not get, the ever so important, good support etc.

In short, what you get is not quality but only a cheap price - nothing more.

After checking out on that host ... what worried me most was they don't even mention anything about uptime on their website ! Uptime is so important when comes to hosting as a site that is “down” is as good as not having a site at all – no visitors, no traffic, no revenue, nothing – zilch. Because of this, a very high uptime guarantee percentage should be your top, or at the very least, major criterion when choosing a host.

Some host guarantee 99.5% uptime and some, 99.9%. Also, go for hosts that guarantee both server and network uptime. Do realise that most hosts just guarantee network uptime.

Logically, the more domains/websites you plan to host in a single account, the higher percentage you should look for. Since you are planning to host 10 sites... you know what you mean.

That host you are looking at... I suspect they forgo important basic stuff like uptime and just provide big figures for space and bandwidth to lure customers. I am not too sure how good is their support - I clicked the live chat link, waited for 5 minutes before someone attended to me.

I might be posting a mini article on the importance of uptime and all, soon, here at Ozzu.com, so... stay tuned.

Hope this little post of mine helped.
  • scroll
  • Born
  • Born
  • scroll

Post 3+ Months Ago

try http://www.hostingbug.co.uk
  • morrisklein
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • morrisklein
  • Loc: Europe

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have a look at http://www.hostgator-hosting.com if you want a place to host all your websites on the same package.
  • CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting
  • Loc: Wishing I was in Kicking Horse

Post 3+ Months Ago

Those packages really do not seem sustainable. If these are business sites you are planning on hosting there, I would seriously reconsider.

UH has outlined this pretty clearly for you. Many hosts with that business model suffer performance and reliability issues - and I believe that is where you are headed with that particular host.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts