Ipowerweb / ipower suck big time!

• neorunner
  • neorunner
  • Loc: Salt Lake City, UT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just steer clear of them. Read my trouble with them by going here:

http://www.webmaster-talk.com/web-hosting-forum/40274-ipowerweb-just-plain-sucks.html

I hope to save you all some serious headaches.
  • surgematrix
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

neorunner,
Sorry for your problems. Some of these hosting companies are new to virtual private server technologies. You will have to do your homework and look for a company with good reputation and knowledgable staff.
Hope you get everything resolved.
  • benoitb
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Washington, DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with surgematrix. Do lots of research on any host you work with.
  • hmalekib
  • hmalekib
  • Loc: Totonto

Post 3+ Months Ago

We just moved our site from them.. very unreliable service..

we moved it to //link removed// .. good.. fast and reliable service..
  • xfahmix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Cork, Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I recently moved my site from GLOBAT. last time (about a year), their service (Globat) is very good but lately there are too much downtime. 30mins- 2 hours for almost everyday and mail server was down most of the time. Keep away from Globat. just my 2 cents.
  • bbott1982
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NJ, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use Ipower. Actually resell for them.

Service is exceptional - although their customer service is absolutely terrible. If you plan on getting something fixed you're best off to email them. To qualify as "ipower techsupport" you simply have to have graduated highschool. No computer knowlege is required.
  • mortar
  • Born
  • Born
  • mortar

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well i have to say i use to work for Ipower.. I swear it is the only company i have ever worked for that was more worried about handle times rather than helping the customer with their problems. Also how do u expect to run a webhosting company with 6 system admin for 500,000 customer web sites. To me thats just retarted but hey im not the one running the show. Also in an attempt to help their Profits they have another company working for them under the name of StartLogic. Also just so you know their " online support" yes thats from india and no they dont have the access needed to help anyone with their issues. Email support is a joke as well. I was happy to quit working there and from what im told by a few of my friends who work there. if u call in expect a long hold time there is only 15 - 20 agents on during prime time. If you want to trust them with your website i wish you the best of luck it will the crappiest experiance you have ever had.. Also to the customers who experianced a huge outage a few months back its because they had a fire in the server room because of some careless admins but ill guess you werent told that
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Drives me nuts when stupid year old posts suddenly reappear for now better reason than when they were started. Every hosting company will find someone to complain about them and some one that loves them. Give it a rest.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts