IsMyWebsite Free Hosting Concept

• Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Over the last while I have been working on development of a new free host built on many concepts - some unique and others starting to get popular. I am posting here to get opinions of these concepts.

1) Full Ad Customization
Many free hosts force ads upon their webmasters - often in ways which interfere with the webmaster’s chosen page design. Not only does this annoy webmasters - it also reduces the number of visitors who visit these pages. With IsMyWebsite webmasters get to place their own ads - and even share in the profits their site makes.

2) IsMyWebsite Process
This idea is completely unique to our host - specifically designed to guide, encourage, and assist webmasters as they develop their website. Basically, there are 4 stages to building a website - planning, improving, expanding, and optimizing. As a webmaster advances between the account types they gain access to more features and resources.

3) Advisors
An advisor is a more experienced webmaster who knows many of the skills needed to design and grow a website effectively. Webmasters who join the host are partnered to an advisor who answers their questions and helps them out. Advisors receive a small share of the profits from sites they help - thus also encouraging them.

Any thoughts?

http://www.ismywebsite.com/
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Full Ad Customization - be forewarned that you would have to be VERY specific when outlining this in the terms & cond. or your ads would end up on the very bottom of a very very overflowed page so that they are not visible, or invisible altogether. You would have to do some research to head off the attempts most will make to dump them. If you are anticipating clientel who will need the Process, then you may consider only offering templatized layouts so that they have options, but still limited to where the ads will appear.

Advisors - if you need volunteers, hit me up. ;)
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

There we go... I can always count on good ol' Ozzu to give me valuable input when I need it.

About the full ad customization. I want to do everything possible to make webmasters want to display ads in a valuable spot. There is the possibility of them making profits from their website - but that will only encourage a select group of people. There is also going to be a profit counter section of the site where webmasters can watch the profits increase and see what new features will become available to everyone when they can be afforded.

And not to mention a share of the profits also goes to Advisors - which will maintain much contact with the webmasters. Advisors will of course apply pressure to webmasters to place their ads well. Hopefully these factors combined will be enough to encourage optimal ad placement. But do you think it's enough?

And as for you being an advisor great! I should create an Advisor sign up form soon.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

There's always going to be someone out there to take advantage of your system...but I do think there is some opportunity in having a direct supervision of the advisor to monitor the placement, however, if things go well, you should eventually consider a tiered application which could do the same as an advisor who may be overwhelmed with 100's of accounts which he/she must monitor. The more you cut out the duties of the advisor, the less profit-share there will be for them and more for you.
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sure, there will be some people who will abuse the system. There are always people who abuse the system. Those are the people who eventually get banned from the system.

Some details about the advisors.

There could end up to be dozens or evn hundreds of advisors. Each could manage anywhere between 12 and 240 different sites. Profit for advisors is 1/10th of what the webmaster would make.

Webmasters choose an advisor when they register for the site, and are free to change advisors at any time. The advisor selection page will display a profile for all available advisor which the advisor has put together.

Quote:
Planning Account
0% - Webmaster
5% - Advisor
47.5% - Azoundria
47.5% - EvenHosting

Improving Account
40% - Webmaster
5% - Advisor
27.5% - Azoundria
27.5% - EvenHosting

Expanding Account