ISP's offering VOIP

• DodgeCroft
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

We're based in Mallorca and most of our traffic comes from the UK. Many people still find it easier to deal over the phone so we have a customer service department too. We offer a Share-call number where we pay for the international routing and hwould like to find a host that can offer us incoming local calls and send the through by VOIP.

I have spoken to a few guys but very few have implemented it though. Anyone know of some company that can offer the service?

Thanks guys
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

We are implementing VoIP at the moment, I'll show this topic to Jerrek and maybe he can help you out with the specifics.
  • Jerrek
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Melbourne, AUS

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.gossiptel.co.uk
http://www.sipgate.co.uk (although this one didn't seem too reliable in my tests)

The only thing is you'll need someone UK based to actually register the number because they don't let you register from outside the UK.

Hope that helps,
Jerrek
  • DodgeCroft
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Brilliant, thanks. We're actually a Registered in the Uk so wouldn't be a problem. What were you testing for? Not sure what to ask them.
  • Jerrek
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Melbourne, AUS

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well with Sipgate having it actually work would have been a bonus. It worked for a little while and now we just get 15 seconds of conversation and then silence.

Sipgates voicemail features are still rather experimental too, and I notice not actually working today - at least not for my line. But their web page says its still beta so please don't flood their support box with questions.

On the other hand, Gossiptel has worked straight away for me. But on the downside for Gossiptel, a Geographic number has to be paid for at £10 a month (although non Geo 0870 number is free)

I don't know if these will be useful to you, they only support 3 lines, although I think that might be down to the softphone rather than the SIP provider... I'm using the Xten Lite softphone. XTen Pro claims to support 6 lines.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts