Ive been ripped off.

• Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

By stuckforhosting.net.

I paid for hosting Via paypal a few weeks ago, I never recieved an email from them, I never recieved a verification, NOTHING, Ive tried logging into their hosting section, and my username isnt valid. They took my 5 bucks though, as fast as lightning. Grrrr...

I dont really care about the 5 bucks, its only 5 bucks.. BUT now I have no hosting. AGAIN!

Iam so sick of this, I must be the most unlucky person in the entire world with crap arse webhosts..

// Not asking for hosting this time. stuckforhosting was recommended by a member here. I just wanna say THANKS!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• zap
  • zap

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I wouldn't mind taking you under my hosting. Just list what you need and we will work something out.
  • SSH-Raj
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

just dispute the purchase and get your money back.

about the member recommending the hosting:
anyone can sign up and give a recommendation just like anyone can start a hosting company. before you pay someone for hosting it's best to ask on a few hosting forums to see what other people say about the host. do that and you have a better chance of getting a good deal.
  • fawh
  • Student
  • Student
  • fawh

Post 3+ Months Ago

benat wrote:
I paid for hosting Via paypal a few weeks ago, I never recieved an email from them, I never recieved a verification, NOTHING, Ive tried logging into their hosting section, and my username isnt valid. They took my 5 bucks though, as fast as lightning. Grrrr...

Call them on the phone or send them an email. They may have just made a mistake.
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I cant call them, wouldnt be worth the time and money it would cost to call them from Australia.. I dont really care, its only 5 bucks.. BUT thats not the point.. I just can not beleive someone would do that for 5 bucks.. whats the world coming too?

Whoever says stuckforhosting is a good host is totally in denial lol..

Thanks for the offer Zap, but I wont take you up on it, Iam going to go with one of the ozzu mods hosting companys.. At least Ill know they arent going to rip me off..

Reminder too all STAY AWAY FROM STUCKFORHOSTING.net/.com/co.uk!!!
  • inferno_gogo
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

i suppose the name will warn you

stuck hosting (you get stuck)
  • astor
  • Born
  • Born
  • astor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Definitely dispute the charge through Paypal. They may have simply made a mistake. When I signed up for logjamming.com, they took my payment but I never received any sort of confirmation/communique/ANYTHING.. when I finally disputed the charge (it was $60 - $5/mo, 1 year paid in advance) they finally sent me an email saying "we never received your sign-up information". Something had gone wrong with the form, and since the form and the payment were separate, they received one and not the other - anyways, it got worked out.
  • suvra2k@m6.net

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks like you are not interested to find out really happened. I might be you mistake, you might enter wrong email address, might be any thing. I always prefer to investigate before accusing anybody.

Thank you
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well suvra2k@m6.net, I have TRIED to contact them, but their contact page on their site keeps keeps saying page cant be displayed.. Iam not going to call them anyway, it will cost me way more then $5 to call them from Australia..

Astor, Iam definately going to try to get my money back through paypal. I didnt think I could do that, But I will try.
  • TheForceofDarkness
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: The Matrix

Post 3+ Months Ago

ow that must suck similar thing happened to my friend with 'flash' hosting....the name sounds stupid itself......ironic isnt it....yes the world is fallin apart especially with GEORGE W. MONKEY BUSH
  • SSH-Raj
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

TheForceofDarkness wrote:
GEORGE W. MONKEY BUSH

funny monkey! :)
  • thecodman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: CT, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Paypal doesnt dispute claims of hosting fraud, they only handle physical goods. I've been seeing many many people getting ripped off by hosts lately, which is why I will soon be launching a directory of bad web hosts.

and in response to the monkey comments, I support W over a man that admitted to commiting war crimes (aka scary kerry) any day.
  • bannerpad
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bannerpad

Post 3+ Months Ago

I thought Paypal disputes all purchases, including physical goods and services. Although I am not definitely sure, I believe this to be true. Anyone know for sure?
  • fawh
  • Student
  • Student
  • fawh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thecodman is right.

Quote:
Buyer Complaint Process Requirements

In order for a transaction to be eligible for Buyer Complaint Process review:
You must have used PayPal to pay for your purchase.
You must not have received the item that you purchased.
You must file a claim within 30 days of payment.
Your purchase must be a tangible item. Services and intangible items, such as emailed recipes and e-books, are not covered.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... er-outside
  • CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting
  • Loc: Wishing I was in Kicking Horse

Post 3+ Months Ago

benat wrote:
I cant call them, wouldnt be worth the time and money it would cost to call them from Australia.. I dont really care, its only 5 bucks.. BUT thats not the point.. I just can not beleive someone would do that for 5 bucks.. whats the world coming too?

Hi Benat - You should always purchase hosting with a credit card vs Paypal - In fact, this is true for any service you purchase - particularly over the internet. You will not be successful at charging back a service to Paypal -

Sorry to hear about your problems and sorry this advise is coming after the fact - but, maybe someone else can benefit from this...

**EDIT - sorry - the paypal issue had already been raised. Net time I will read the entire thread before posting - Hanging head in shame
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

what's worse, is i'm pretty sure the guy that recommended
them to you was the guy running it.

:roll:
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

CartikaHosting wrote:
Hi Benat - You should always purchase hosting with a credit card vs Paypal - In fact, this is true for any service you purchase - particularly over the internet.

I have to pop my head up and say that's not entirely true.. my company has been supplying hosting for 3 years now and our customers pay by pay pal via their credit card (we have a business subcription with paypal) or they can direct deposit into our company bank account, pay by cheque etc etc.

I think the key thing to remember in this case is to find out the company's history and ask them questions, who do you host? Go to their website and call them or email - ask how their hosting is with the company you are interested in. Search Google for their name and see if there have been any bad reports.

Everything these days is a risk, but there are a lot of good hosting companies out there who will not rip you off - even if they do accept payments via PayPal.
  • CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I have to pop my head up and say that's not entirely true.. my company has been supplying hosting for 3 years now and our customers pay by pay pal via their credit card (we have a business subcription with paypal) or they can direct deposit into our company bank account, pay by cheque etc etc.

I think its great that you offer a good service and do not take advantage of the fact that your customers pay via paypal - Im a fan of any honest host - as the good ones have all taken a kick in the @$$ from the not so reputable providers out there.

Quote:
Everything these days is a risk, but there are a lot of good hosting companies out there who will not rip you off - even if they do accept payments via PayPal.

My point is - its all about minimizing risk - As far as making payment for a service - Paypal is the worse thing you can use - because - you, as the consumer absorb all the risk... Whereas if you pay by a credit card, the risk is passed almost entirely to the merchant...

BTW - if youre processing anywhere over $500-700/month - you really should move to a gateway/merchant solution for processing your orders - a simple cost analysis should reveal that... Additionally, cart abandonement studies show that you will increase sales by processing credit cards directly vs through a 3rd party processor like Paypal. Im always confused when I hear that established, reputable hosting providers solely accept payment through 3rd parties... Why make it harder on yourself? - Just my thoughts and I apologize, my intention was not to attack hosting providers that accept Paypal...
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yep no problems I would never take it personally after all this place is about sharing points of view, which is great. We will be moving to World Pay to do our transactions through in the new year, but I have to say Pay Pay has been great to us - we've never had a problem :D
  • CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting

Post 3+ Months Ago

musik wrote:
Yep no problems I would never take it personally after all this place is about sharing points of view, which is great. We will be moving to World Pay to do our transactions through in the new year, but I have to say Pay Pay has been great to us - we've never had a problem :D

Hi Musik - Thanks for not taking it personally - it most certainly was not meant to be :D

Dont get me wrong - I know Paypal is an effective solution - but, Im pleased to hear you;re making the move to a merchant acount - I think you will be happy with the results :)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Benat,

Their contact page does work, it's just the link in their flash navigation and text link at the bottom of the page doesn't work. Here is their contact page:

http://stuckforhosting.net/contact.php (I didn't try it in Firefox but I know that works in I

If that fails you could try the administrative contact:

Administrative Contact:
lees, noel noellees1@hotmail.com (Not a very good sign when the administrative contact uses a hotmail address *sighs.)

And for those who will read this later, I will add this as advice to those who are seeking advice on hosts. Frequently this request is going to be responded to by the owners of the site or affiliates of the site. In many cases it's obvious, and in other cases it's not.

For anyone seeking hosting the very first thing you should do is a whois search and find out how long this hosting service has been around.

For example, stuckforhosting.net was only just registered as a domain name 2 months ago:

Registered through: The Tomsyer Network
Domain Name: STUCKFORHOSTING.NET
Created on: 08-Sep-04
Expires on: 08-Sep-05
Last Updated on: 09-Sep-04

That speaks worlds about them. Brand new and no track record and itching for money and business (probably mostly the money)

Unfortunately for benat, the advice she got was probably from somebody associated with them in some way.

//This is a primary example of why OZZU is so adamant about not permitting spam and the mods are very conscientious about removing it immediately as we see it.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

ahh yes, hotmail addresses are not a good sign :lol:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 22 posts