Just Starting Out Hosting

• jacob
  • Born
  • Born
  • jacob

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys how’s it going.?

Well I decided I am gonna try to setup just a very small hosting business.

But I don't know where to start with some kind of cpanel for my cx's I am just looking for something that I can use for a while just until I can get used to everything before I decide to purchase something like cpanel or something like that.

So I am just asking for some suggestions on what cpanel type programs there are out there that I can use for the time being any help will be much appreciated.

Anything free would be even better.
  • charlesgan
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

for newbies... its recommended to start with reseller plan.
as everything including the whm/cpanel is already setup and what you need to do is find new customer to signup.

next is to upgrade to vps or dedicated server.
which you will learned to manage and run the server... proceed from there.-
  • wilson_flagg
  • Born
  • Born
  • wilson_flagg

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you are still interested, you can always contact a hosting company and ask them for advice. If you have a company in mind or one that you have been working with in the past they should be more than willing to help you out. Any company that refuses to help you wouldn’t want to do business with anyways, because of lack of good service. I recommend WebHost Automation Limited, http://www.webhostautomation.com/webhost-840 They are always willing to help out.
  • rllunzmann
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • rllunzmann
  • Loc: Wisconsin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there, yeah, as stated above, i strongly recommend a shared reseller plan to start with and then go to a VPS or possibly dedicated by that time. WHM/cPanel is my choice control panel but there are plenty of panels out their that will suite your needs.
  • harrysmith
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • harrysmith
  • Loc: Leeds

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, VPS or a Reseller plan would be great to start your hosting business;
before getting into it please check for type of support you would be getting from your host as you are new to hosting business and would require help from time to time also check for your server uptime as this will affect you business as you would be providing service to your customers....

cPanel/WHM would be good for control panel for reseller hosting.....

For Reseller Hosting you can contact webhosting.uk.com they have very good and cheap plans....
  • coyouth
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, going for a reseller package is a good start. At least it gives you a chance to learn things along the way.
  • Evenhost
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have been working in web hosting for quite a while now and I highly recommend starting out with a reseller account, at least for the beginning while you learn all the ropes. By using someone elses servers it takes a lot of pressure off of you since someone else will be maintaining the servers, hardening them ect. The time that you would otherwise spend on this you can spend promoting your company and making it better. When you are feeling confident and have a customer base you can try either renting dedicated servers or co-locate your servers in a data facility.

Hope this helps :-)
  • harrysmith
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • harrysmith
  • Loc: Leeds

Post 3+ Months Ago

We can help you to start your reseller business we provide you suburb 24*7 free technical support so that you don’t have to worry about technical aspect and can concentrate on marketing…

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts