• Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting
  • Loc: Wishing I was in Kicking Horse

Post 3+ Months Ago

Interesting resource site. I must say, I am a little disappointed that there are enough "bad" web hosts out there to solicit this sort of reaction from consumers.
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lets not even 'go there'!
  • thecodman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: CT, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

CartikaHosting wrote:
Interesting resource site. I must say, I am a little disappointed that there are enough "bad" web hosts out there to solicit this sort of reaction from consumers.

Yeah. My thinking was that atleast if folks had an idea who they were dealing with before they signed the scammers would loose their market quicker resulting in one less scam and one more happy customer for quality host.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you considered that some unscrupulous hosts will try to use this as a method to slam their competitors? Have you put in place a means to prevent that?
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

suzie wrote:
Lets not even 'go there'!

i know what you mean lol

we have our problems but i wont be bad mouthing them publicly.
  • CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting
  • Loc: Wishing I was in Kicking Horse

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
Have you considered that some unscrupulous hosts will try to use this as a method to slam their competitors? Have you put in place a means to prevent that?

Thats actually an excellent question (and sadly, I must admit, 1 I didnt think of) !!!
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
i know what you mean lol

we have our problems but i wont be bad mouthing them publicly.

lmaoooooooooooo
I'm sure you do nucleo but my descision has been made..i'm off next may!
:lol: :lol:
  • thecodman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:

That is a very good point. Thanks for raising it. All sites that are entered for inclusion on the site are validated by me before they appear in the directory. Therefore, if the host really isn't "bad" I won't add them. Additionally, we encourage all "bad" hosts on the list to contact us and we would be happy to work with them to resolve the dispute and remove them.

We aren't out to get any host - by holding some accountable maybe we can "entice" hosts to be a bit more honest with their customers.

Although we have not done so yet we should probably establish an official policy on what a host must do or not do to get put on the "good" or "bad" host list. I'm open to any suggestions on these.

Thanks.
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

How are they validated? How do you know if the host really is "bad or good" for that matter if you have no personal experience with them??

thecodman wrote:
ATNO/TW wrote:

That is a very good point. Thanks for raising it. All sites that are entered for inclusion on the site are validated by me before they appear in the directory. Therefore, if the host really isn't "bad" I won't add them. Additionally, we encourage all "bad" hosts on the list to contact us and we would be happy to work with them to resolve the dispute and remove them.

We aren't out to get any host - by holding some accountable maybe we can "entice" hosts to be a bit more honest with their customers.

Although we have not done so yet we should probably establish an official policy on what a host must do or not do to get put on the "good" or "bad" host list. I'm open to any suggestions on these.

Thanks.
  • fawh
  • Student
  • Student
  • fawh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Code: [ Select ]
How are they validated? How do you know if the host really is "bad or good" for that matter if you have no personal experience with them??

That's a very good point. I think the best way to test a web host is to create an account with them or know someone who has one with them.
  • thecodman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Uncensored-Hosting wrote:

Actually, I was looking for some suggestions on just what that criteria should be exactly....

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts